Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 08:48 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

remember folks xmas is just one day amongst 365 where the kids open present with surprise and delight/disappointment and then go away and play with their Ipads. the adults just fuss about ; drink booze and snooze and if they are really lucky listen to the queens speech!

boxing day is roughly the same and then we gear up for NY eve and all that stupidity and unnecessary unhygienic kissing and clutching! Jem close ya ears you'll go deaf!!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 10:11 AM

Billy Connolly.sigh
Parkinsons why?

It doesnt kill ya,
just makes life an hourly battle

nor does it thrill ya,
just freezes your body till useless

Fight it, will ya
Whilst shaking & in constant pain

Stages 1-4 pass in speed
reach stage 5 & your enduring life, just survive.

I'm not the first person to suffer from Parkinson's, so I'm not seeking pity.
Quite the opposite I receive a good deal of support in every way, but this lingering disease is weighing heavily on me at the moment & I blame my mercurial posts on the neurological symptoms.

I plead UIHURU !
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
remember folks xmas is just one day amongst 365 where the kids open present with surprise and delight/disappointment and then go away and play with their Ipads. the adults just fuss about ; drink booze and snooze and if they are really lucky listen to the queens speech!

boxing day is roughly the same and then we gear up for NY eve and all that stupidity and unnecessary unhygienic kissing and clutching! Jem close ya ears you'll go deaf!!
Gumbud,
I'm with you 100%

I was in cringe mode yesterday when my 34 yr old sensible daughter tweeted she was going to see santa claus & was excited.

It's a big con, he doesn't exist.
sheesh
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 11:22 AM

Just came to say Good Morning
Young Robert I know how difficult it is for you at times. You really lift my spirits at times. No Gummy not in a bottle. X

Sorry but I love Christmas and all that sparkle and giving. I like to see the little ones visit Santa also - so there!
I also love the Carol service by candle light.
As for NYE yay I can kiss everyone. Xxxx

See ya soon I am off to London. X
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->

Get with it you old Bah Gumbug, we all know your desperately trying to curb your enthusiasm.
Don’t ya just love kissin' and a huggin' all those folks ya hate, neighbours who wouldn’t bid you the time of day all year round, holly and ivy drinkers coming over all sick and messy in the pubs, everyone running around like blue arsed flies, legalised beggers on the streets and on the TV, ah yes folks, ’tis the season to be jolly whether you like it or not, and I love it all.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 04:04 PM

Sweetie, have you ever seen a live performance of this type of dancing? I have come across it in some of the old black and white films and wondered what it was called, I believe it’s called French Apache Dance, I ask because you are so well travelled.
I was thinking of taking it up as a hobby in the new year, the wife and me used to be very good at flinging each other around the kitchen, all in good fun you understand, we’re still fairly fit and she says it would make us ever fitter.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

11-12-2018, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Billy Connolly.sigh
Parkinsons why?

It doesnt kill ya,
just makes life an hourly battle

nor does it thrill ya,
just freezes your body till useless

Fight it, will ya
Whilst shaking & in constant pain

Stages 1-4 pass in speed
reach stage 5 & your enduring life, just survive.

I'm not the first person to suffer from Parkinson's, so I'm not seeking pity.
Quite the opposite I receive a good deal of support in every way, but this lingering disease is weighing heavily on me at the moment & I blame my mercurial posts on the neurological symptoms.

I plead UIHURU !
You always had my admiration RJ, I have never once heard you complain about about your ailment, a true sufferer in silence if ever there was one, and always the gentleman.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
You always had my admiration RJ, I have never once heard you complain about about your ailment, a true sufferer in silence if ever there was one, and always the gentleman.
you can tell it's gettin near the mass of the Christ - everyone flinging compliments and exaltations around like confetti off the Mount of Olives!

Robert you are just YOU and we would all feel a little less jolly if you weren't here with us. Just "parkinhereson" it's free parkin!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

11-12-2018, 08:21 PM

NASA has said there is a hole in the space station caused it seems by some sloppy workman on the ground whilst it was in the making, he put an ‘ole where an ‘ole don’t belong and the sly bugger stuck a bit of evo stick in it and discretely snuck off Judas style “Was it I Lord?”, no matter I’m sure he’ll be discovered before he can find an elder tree to hang himself from, who knows, he might even end up with a hole in his own head, poetic justice?

“A space industry source told Russia's Tass state news agency that the spacecraft could have been damaged during testing at Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan. The mistake might have then been covered up. "Someone messed up and then got scared and sealed up the hole," a source speculated, but then the sealant "dried up and fell off" when the Soyuz reached the ISS” BBC news.

Anyway it’s not life threatening as far as they know, a tricky repair job on the outside of the station because there are no rails to hang onto but it shouldn’t be a problem to those brave folks up there, I’m sure they are all taking it in their stride and singing “There’s a hole in the bucket dear Liza dear Liza…” Nothing like a sense of humour when your in a hole.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

12-12-2018, 04:12 PM

Abbreviations of modern medical terms.

All these fancy words they have out now for various diseases and complaints, whereas years ago you had them all bundled together under just a couple of names. ‘Nerves” covered a multitude of ailments from fits to Schophrenia, and “Brain Fever” covered the rest of them, it was all so simple back then, the medical thinking then was that if it’s not in the nervous system then it must be in the brain, alright we’re all glad for the advances made, but getting around the new names is not easy.
Now I hear folks saying they have stuff like LDR, IUR, HKI, etc., they just give you the initials and your supposed to decode them in your head instantly and know whats wrong with them, most confusing to an old lad like me, all they are to me is a bunch of initials, they might as well be saying they got the OBE and you wouldn’t know whether to congratulate them or sympathise with them
“How are you today Mrs Ryan?”
“Ah don’t be talkin’ Jem, I’m still under the same doctor and I can’t get any satisfaction, my PHR is getting worse” And there I am left agog, haven’t a clue what’s wrong with the old dear.

The doctor checked me out last week and everything was grand, except he said I’ll have to watch me collateral, at least that’s what I thought he said, it was a bit high 5 or 6 something like that, he said he would be happy with 4. so I gave him 4 euro’s and asked him for a loan of a thousand. Well if ya can’t beat ‘em.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top