Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 10:39 AM

Re: Ukip

UKIP scares me, it seems to be a party which attracts weirdos and right wing fanatics. I would describe them as having a lot of flannel and no substance.

I tend not to vote for any party on regular basis I choose the local candidate I consider will best represent the interests of my area.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 10:42 AM

When is tomorrow coming 'cos all my life I've been promised Jam tomorrow by politicians?
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
UKIP scares me, it seems to be a party which attracts weirdos and right wing fanatics. I would describe them as having a lot of flannel and no substance.

I tend not to vote for any party on regular basis I choose the local candidate I consider will best represent the interests of my area.
I think a lot of people people like UKIP based on their ideas on Europe and immigration etc, it seems to stand for supporting traditional Britishness on the face of it but there is another side to it too which is why people need to look beneath the surface.

VM as I said in my earlier post, look beyond the pre election speeches at what is really happening.
The media drives things to such an extent anyway that it's all about impressions and a popularity contest which the media thrive on, they are really calling the shots as so many people only read the tabloids etc and base what they think of any politicians on that. Most of it is fiction.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Got it in one Meg, I have been saying this all the way through, when I realised the BNP and NF had disappeared I asked myself where are they.
No my vote this time will be for my grand children, I don't think I will ever get a vote again at 76 this I think will be my last one, except of course the referendum, then I shall vote what is good for my grand children and the country, Yes to stay in.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Got it in one Meg, I have been saying this all the way through, when I realised the BNP and NF had disappeared I asked myself where are they.
No my vote this time will be for my grand children, I don't think I will ever get a vote again at 76 this I think will be my last one, except of course the referendum, then I shall vote what is good for my grand children and the country, Yes to stay in.
Seriously Wrinkly do you honestly believe that this country will have a referendum. No way will that happen, broken promises is what makes Governments whether it be Red or Blue.

Ukip in my opinion were doing the right stuff going over to the EU meetings and calling the fat boys liars to their faces causing Cameron to question his party's decisions denting the polls by knocking Lib Dems into 4th place,scaring the pants off Labour just a pity they haven't got a better leader yet.
And all this whilst really not having any decent members to run the country.
People are just fed up of rich taking the pee out of the poor and middle class.
Each government whether it be Red/Blue continuously ripping the guts out of the NHS privatising every bloody thing but still taking the taxpayers money to subsidise them whilst the prices rise regardless.
In doing so the cost of living spiralling out of control.
Houses being built that no bugger can afford because the working future in this country is now finished. How can any poor sod get a mortgage when they may not have a job the next day.
Voting UKIP was going to be a way to kick the buggers up the ass and say get doing the job right.
But alas now we see that UKIP have gone the same way as most of the other parties that have good ideas. We hardly hear a whimper out of them now.
Perhaps the media have realised the more they were in the news whether it be for good or bad it was an advertisement.
Think I will stick with my normal vote Green they may never be a leading party but they have good ideas and any bugger that wins this election will have to start listening.
Who knows with such weak poll turn out that half a million votes they have may well put them into a bargaining position.
Better them than Lib Dems eh..
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 05:17 PM

I think the greens lost a lot of voters yesterday.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 05:22 PM

I will vote for the Tomorrow Party 'cos that is when we will get the jam.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I think the greens lost a lot of voters yesterday.
Yeh but their hearts are in the right place even if their brains aren't..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Yeh but their hearts are in the right place even if their brains aren't..
Aint it a pity we can't have both !
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2015, 10:58 AM

Interesting but not surprising that Nigel is already watering down his main plank on immigration. Didnīt take long did it? A few votes lost there...

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top