Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2015, 07:32 PM

Trying to terminate a phone call when you're coughing!

Neighbour phones me, can hear me struggling to talk without coughing, knows I am trying to blow my nose, yet several times I tried to close the call, and she agreed 'oh that sounds bad' 'well I'll let you go'.....

Ten or fifteen minutes later I'm still trying to get away!

Had to load and start my washing with one hand, start my dinner with one hand, keep drinking sips of water, voice going hoarse, cough cough choke...

Why, if you can hear the person struggling, do you keep that person on the line?!!!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2015, 07:38 PM

Re: Trying to terminate a phone call when you're coughing!

Oh boy ! Can I associate with this !
In the end I do put the phone down, if they can't be understanding - why should I ....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2015, 07:43 PM

I wouldn't mind, but we're going over old ground. Same old same old.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2015, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I wouldn't mind, but we're going over old ground. Same old same old.
I know !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2015, 08:00 PM

So annoying, hope you feel better now Jazzi !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

07-03-2015, 08:08 PM

Thanks Julie.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2015, 08:20 PM

Iwould take Patsy"s line and put the phone down.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

07-03-2015, 08:50 PM

Yeah but no but yeah but...

She's a neighbour I talk to frequently. We always discuss issues here...the parking by church members, the bin shed area, our respective noisy neighbours, fellow neighbours who like to have a moan and whinge but don't follow it through with official channels, whether we could sell our flats/let our flats.

The same stuff, all the time. I'm muttering 'yeah, mmm, yeah, I don't know, mmmm...'

And she still wouldn't take the hint and p!$$ off!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2015, 10:04 PM

It’s a good job my missus wasn’t on the end of your line Jazzi, she wouldn’t let you go if you were waiting for the last rites, one thing leads to another with her, it’s like a perpetual chain “And do you remember our sour faced School Teacher, well I bumped into her today and she said she was talking to that very shy girl we had in the class, oh what was her name now… on and on. I very seldom answer the phone ‘cos it’s never for me, and if it's one of her mates and they are persistently ringing and I pick it up I'm stuck there talking bullshit until I say something like "Oh Christ, I left the blowtorch on in the shed, must hurry out now, see ya"

I hope you get well real soon.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

07-03-2015, 11:30 PM

Jem, thank you!

Remind me never to phone your missus!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top