Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 12:58 PM

Re: Max and us

A happy, handsome fellow - obviously likes his mat!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
A happy, handsome fellow - obviously likes his mat!
A tail from today. SP might like this too.
We walk along the Roman Ridge. He sticks with me, No lead required. I had some stuff to mail and there is a post box at one point but it is right next to a main road. I don't want to risk him there.

So, I told him to wait about 20 yards back. He did just as he was told. My dear wife was, understandably, a bit stressed by the event but he did as instructed. A bit anxious perhaps. But obedient.

How did we get so lucky I sometimes ask myself. But I don't think is just luck. A dog is a major commitment. You put the effort in and reap the rewards ten times over.

We had a couple of sessions with a professional dog behaviourist when we first got him. She charged half her usual fee because he just didn't need adjustment.

That was four years ago. More recently, maybe a month ago now, we bumped into her while she was training other dogs. They were amazed, their word, at how well Max just trotted alongside us.

The lady dog trainer posted that on facebook. What better accolade could he be given.............
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
A tail from today. SP might like this too.
We walk along the Roman Ridge. He sticks with me, No lead required. I had some stuff to mail and there is a post box at one point but it is right next to a main road. I don't want to risk him there.

So, I told him to wait about 20 yards back. He did just as he was told. My dear wife was, understandably, a bit stressed by the event but he did as instructed. A bit anxious perhaps. But obedient.

How did we get so lucky I sometimes ask myself. But I don't think is just luck. A dog is a major commitment. You put the effort in and reap the rewards ten times over.

We had a couple of sessions with a professional dog behaviourist when we first got him. She charged half her usual fee because he just didn't need adjustment.

That was four years ago. More recently, maybe a month ago now, we bumped into her while she was training other dogs. They were amazed, their word, at how well Max just trotted alongside us.

The lady dog trainer posted that on facebook. What better accolade could he be given.............
I absolutely agree, Besso.
You are blessed to have him. xxx

More pics when you have time. x
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 07:17 PM

He makes my heart melt Beso
Honestly
Keep posting

In fact I think he needs his own Fb page!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 09:46 PM

Thank you, lovely people.

We are now three weeks into our new home. Last weekend we had family members visit. My son stayed over, my younger daughter, partner, and two grandchildren on the Sunday. He did a barbecue for us. All very supportive.

Today, my elder daughter, husband, and wee lassie honoured us with a visit and treated us to lunch at our local inn. Later the little girl wanted to walk Max. She did and he was very gentle and obedient with her.

Another little tale. A member of the staff there must live close to us. Knows us, knows the hound. Anyway, he knew about me being carted off by ambulance last weekend. He politely enquired about the problem. We have such good neighbours.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Thank you, lovely people.

We are now three weeks into our new home. Last weekend we had family members visit. My son stayed over, my younger daughter, partner, and two grandchildren on the Sunday. He did a barbecue for us. All very supportive.

Today, my elder daughter, husband, and wee lassie honoured us with a visit and treated us to lunch at our local inn. Later the little girl wanted to walk Max. She did and he was very gentle and obedient with her.

Another little tale. A member of the staff there must live close to us. Knows us, knows the hound. Anyway, he knew about me being carted off by ambulance last weekend. He politely enquired about the problem. We have such good neighbours.
Sounds like you are settling in nicely Besso.
Good neighbours are important.
Hope you are recovering well. xxx
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

08-04-2019, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Sounds like you are settling in nicely Besso.
Good neighbours are important.
Hope you are recovering well. xxx
Thank you Sweet Pea.

I am recovering. But I still whinge. Blokes do.
And yes, we are settling in thank you.
Max met Bella today. A near neighbour had this on her gate.

I had to introduce them. Max was gentle with the little lady.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top