Join for free
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 09:20 AM

Trust

As I said on another thread, my maxim is never to trust anyone unless I have good reason to do so.

Social media seems to get so many people into one heck of a lot of trouble. I have mentioned before that I was stupid enough to be taken in by someone's sob story related on a forum on which I used to post in the late 90s. I sent her the equivalent of £1000 in US dollars, before I discovered she was a con artist. I have also met posters in reality with whom I have become friendly on forums, but with one exception in reality they were nothing like the way they had presented themselves on it. I have become very sceptical of people's sob stories, especially when the stories they tell don't add up. Not naming any names of course, as I admit I could be very wrong, but there is one poster on this forum whom I don't buy.

Are other posters like me not trusting anyone unless they have reason to do so, or too trusting?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 09:32 AM

Re: Trust

I'm afraid I'm the exact opposite Tara
I trust everyone unless they give me reason not to
And I consider that a lesson learned about that one person not life in general.

One thing I do get..only very occasionally.. in real life, is bad vibes from certain individuals. Then i steer clear!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 09:34 AM

I tend not to get too close to people these days .
I trust my children and some very dear friends.

I certainly would not send money to anyone on a forum .
Might as well send it to Nigeria direct!

However Tara you thought you were doing a good thing and there is no shame in that .
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 09:36 AM

You mean You think some naughty Folks on 'ere tell lies??..oh noooo..I don't believe it!..You just can't trust anyone these days
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 09:37 AM

But why tell lies what's the point ?
There is nothing to be gained surely ?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 09:37 AM

I'm with Rhian on this, I have always been happy to give the benefit of the doubt until given reason not to on a personal level, but obviously one is very wary these days when it comes to any form of financial dealings, particularly online.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I'm afraid I'm the exact opposite Tara
I trust everyone unless they give me reason not to
And I consider that a lesson learned about that one person not life in general.

One thing I do get..only very occasionally.. in real life, is bad vibes from certain individuals. Then i steer clear!
Me too, I've only been let down a few times. I've rarely had money to lend so that's not really been a problem.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Me too, I've only been let down a few times. I've rarely had money to lend so that's not really been a problem.
Same Julie
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
As I said on another thread, my maxim is never to trust anyone unless I have good reason to do so.

Social media seems to get so many people into one heck of a lot of trouble. I have mentioned before that I was stupid enough to be taken in by someone's sob story related on a forum on which I used to post in the late 90s. I sent her the equivalent of £1000 in US dollars, before I discovered she was a con artist. I have also met posters in reality with whom I have become friendly on forums, but with one exception in reality they were nothing like the way they had presented themselves on it. I have become very sceptical of people's sob stories, especially when the stories they tell don't add up. Not naming any names of course, as I admit I could be very wrong, but there is one poster on this forum whom I don't buy.

Are other posters like me not trusting anyone unless they have reason to do so, or too trusting?
Yes I totally agree. There is one poster on here that I don't buy but I very much doubt we are talking about the same person.😂
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 09:49 AM

I have a great memory and once they tell a lie, that’s it. I never trust them again.
Cowards lie because they are afraid of the truth!

I never trust women with pale blue, sparkly eyes!

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top