Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 06:42 PM

Re: Have you ever really “ lost it “?

The closest I've come is to tell my step-daughter (age 46) to shut up. She was treating her father, my husband so badly. She does opioids and denies it. Then talks about getting them renewed later in the conversation and how they don't give her enough. She thinks everything is everyone else's fault. Even when we are encouraging she attacks us, telling us we are awful. So this one day she would not let her father explain something, and said so. This was a phone conversation. I have never told any one to shut up. But I did this day. There's no getting through to her. I'm done until she apologizes and means it. I can't say I lost my temper exactly, I had just had enough.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 07:30 PM

I'm just keeping quiet on this......
Lyn68
New Member!
London, UK
Lyn68 is female 

18-09-2018, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Have you ever really lost your temper with someone? to the point of the red mist descending, I’m not talking fisticuffs or anything, just getting a bit shouty, I have come close only once at a place I used to work, I was covering someone’s job while he was off sick, and when he returned he accused me of basically being lazy and not doing the job, well I REALLY lost it with him I hate being accused of something I haven’t done, I calmed down eventually after I realised he was winding me up
Did with my mother when I was young. She did with me too.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 05:30 PM

Most people are very tollerant and can take most things in their stride. Unfortunately one can also be pushed too far and and have to snap. With me it built up over a long time at work with more and more loaded onto me. The last straw was as I mentioned when I really blew my top.
This a put the blame completely on bad management , too many managers trying to do the same job, I had to answer to at least 3
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 05:45 PM

Yes that's it! Being accused of something I haven't done! That would be a red tag to me.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top