Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 01:09 PM

Anyone heard of Merle & Roy?

My wife and I are sorting through some of her mother's belongings (the whole spare room has been chock-a-block with boxes since she died earlier this year) and came across one with LPs in it. Amongst the usual stuff from the 50s and 60s was an LP by a duet "Merle and Roy". If I remember correctly (and I often don't these days) I also have the same album (it's called "With Requests") but on cassette.

Having played it I am very impressed with the songs and will definitely play it regularly, but I cannot find a thing about them on the internet other than a website supposedly about them but with nothing written in it other than a list of albums they released.

This is a stab in the dark but I thought I'd see if any of you lot had a clue as to who they are.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 01:35 PM

Re: Anyone heard of Merle & Roy?

Intriguing Jim - no, never heard of them ......
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 01:37 PM

It seems that it was just a case of not enough publicity as their singing talent is marvelous.

Some of their albums are available on eBay here
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
It seems that it was just a case of not enough publicity as their singing talent is marvelous.

Some of their albums are available on eBay here
Try this link oldbugger

http://whenyouawake.com/2010/09/07/v...merle-haggard/
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

14-07-2013, 02:03 PM

No that's Merle Haggard (oh whom I am a fan - the bottle frequently lets me down ), the Merle in "Merle & Roy" is a woman.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 02:05 PM

I've noticed today - that you're a very funny fella Jim - funny ha-ha.... that is .......
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

14-07-2013, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
I've noticed today - that you're a very funny fella Jim - funny ha-ha.... that is .......
Some would argue I'm "funny" the other way as well
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

14-07-2013, 02:09 PM

I'll take no notice ......for the time being .......
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
No that's Merle Haggard (oh whom I am a fan - the bottle frequently lets me down ), the Merle in "Merle & Roy" is a woman.

Maybe Merle's voice has got a little high pitched with age

I digress, Merle Haggard and Roy nichols sang with Connie smith so maybe it is that song on the album
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 06:46 PM

I hope these are the Merle and Roy you are enquiring about, Jim ......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merle_Haggard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Nichols

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top