Join for free
Page 3 of 370 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 09:42 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Ran 6 miles tonight and now enjoying cold milk with sum vodka innit - nice . Wonderful sport is running / jogging but it ain't for everyone. So many aspects to running making it a sport you can continue to do throughout your life and not get bored (as long as you consider it from all angles). I'm looking forward to getting my BMI right down (body fat) which will enable me to run as of days of old - on my toes. Seems to make no difference how old you are as the challenges are the same, but you run a little slower (maybe).
Pissed out of your head as usual ... you need AA
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Pissed out of your head as usual ... you need AA
I can normally tell when I have had enough - I fall over ...
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 09:54 PM

Hey, what about the milk? That is offsetting the affects of the alcohol surely?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 08:45 AM

I don't have a set exercise routine. Some days I do nothing at all. Other days, it will be a 12 or 18 mile cycle ride. Added to that is walking up to 10 miles a week. A three or four mile walk might be done on the same day as a cycle ride.

Walking is always done at a brisk pace and if I walk with anyone, they often tell me to slow down. Cycling is partly done at a pace that some younger people can't keep up with but I reckon I might be slower in general than I used to be. Nothing stops the effects of age in the end.

Both activities depend on the weather. Walking is only done if there is something to go and do. There nearly always is but if it's raining, I'll go in the car or bus instead. Same with using the bike. No riding if raining.

The active lifestyle keeps me fit. I don't think I'd be able to discipline myself into having a daily routine, nor use any machines in a gym or at home.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Some great replies on here, thanks for the responses they are much appreciated.
I understand that as we age our bodies become more susceptible to injury. Exercise does help in any way possible, whether it's just be a short walk - every little counts. Just do what you can and you'll always feel the benefit.
Some very funny ones too

I'm looking forward to being far more active in a while when my various skin grafts and skin treatments have finished...this summer I've been horrified how quickly you lose your energy levels when recovering from surgery, even if the anaesthetic is lots of local (ouch!!) rather than general.
I've just about managed to do a daily stretching routine even if it's only a few minutes...looking forward to swimming again once I'm all healed up. And might even get the bike out! And walking of course.
Instead of sitting with my feet up posting away on here
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 01:02 AM

Gym Monday, Yoga Wednesday, Gym Friday, Yoga again Saturday.
Dog walking in between, but I've got foot problems now, so can't go as far as I used to. Very frustrating.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 09:10 AM

3 hours per day dog walking . 2 hours per day gardening . Occasional swimming .
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 09:23 AM

I wake up, drink coffee, eat breakfast.
I then go to work (4 days a week) or go fishing.
At the end of those tiring days, I share a bottle of good red wine over dinner with my wife, followed by a glass or two or three of single malt whiskey. Then off to bed reflecting on a day well done.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 11:08 AM

Well this should be the week I start back up again been a bad 3 weeks of various tests on my ticker but been given the all clear now to start cycling (indoors) and press ups and sit ups must admit that the sit ups and cycling I was finding easier everyday until I stopped but the press-ups are a different story my arms have become very weak perhaps I need to start the weights as well I have a set under my desk that I would use daily whilst watching movies but I stopped because of the chest pains. Now that it has been sorted hopefully I can start that back up again. Must say its nice to see my arms back to their normal colour after weeks of being black and blue. Good idea this thread we can hopefully give a boost to some of those couch potatoes and make them a bit more chipper..boom boom.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 11:36 AM

My exercise routine is quite strenuous. What I do is switch on my computer, that is exercise enough really. If I feel really fit I even put my hand on the mouse and give it a couple of pushes and a couple of pulls. That is enough for me to go have a lie down. One can overdo exercise if not careful.

Page 3 of 370 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top