Join for free
Page 26 of 26 « First < 16 24 25 26
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 09:00 PM

Re: Additions and changes to our Mod team

God, this just got like a Chatroom.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 09:02 PM

Although seriously off topic I have found this thread interesting.
I have recently been on the receiving end of an unsolicited appraisal of my modding abilities from a member and although it was not very pleasent it didn't really break any rules or cause me to lose any sleep. I would guess similar things were being said about me behind the scenes not very good for the site.
I now get the impression I am not the only member to be on the receiving end of this kind of thing.

Chinese whispers can be very damaging particularly when a person is seen to be posting quite pleasent and even flattering posts to some onsite. Had this not been discussed in this thread it may have stayed in the shadows.

If anyone has had any unpleasantness messages Admin should be sent the actual messages not just get the heresay.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 09:04 PM

Where's Ms Marple when She's needed
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Although seriously off topic I have found this thread interesting.
I have recently been on the receiving end of an unsolicited appraisal of my modding abilities from a member and although it was not very pleasent it didn't really break any rules or cause me to lose any sleep. I would guess similar things were being said about me behind the scenes not very good for the site.
I now get the impression I am not the only member to be on the receiving end of this kind of thing.

Chinese whispers can be very damaging particularly when a person is seen to be posting quite pleasent and even flattering posts to some onsite. Had this not been discussed in this thread it may have stayed in the shadows.

If anyone has had any unpleasantness messages Admin should be sent the actual messages not just get the heresay.
Where most damage is done, imho.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Where's Ms Marple when She's needed

Giving Tpin a bed bath I think May.

** BTW, I think all this sudden nastiness is such a damn shame and we will all lose this forum for good if we're not careful.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Giving Tpin a bed bath I think May.
Hope She's being gentle with Him and not using carbolic soap and a scrubbing brush
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
This is Admin's thread not on the regular forums and Admin will deal with it in good time
I've left it all up Meg - just to show everyone what you and Mags have to put up with on a daily basis.

Also in reply to those who think the thread hasn't been useful - it has.

Not just to highlight how fast threads are on this forum and all the moderation that's required daily because of that, but also to remind everyone that actions have consequences.

People can't expect to exercise their right to be mean-spirited or to hold prejudices or what some might consider hateful views (views that could bring our reputation into disrepute or create legal issues for the site) and think they would even begin to be considered for an esteemed place on the team.

It's part of what's wrong with so much of society nowadays unfortunately - people think they can do as they please without consequence, even when it may well be within the law or rules.

Well here's one such consequence, if people want to be considered for an elevated position within this community, they have to be worthy of it.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 09:21 PM

With that said, I think this thread is done.

With regards to people stirring or telling fibs via PMs - put them ignore. While many of our members may not be perfect, they are smart enough to know when someone is up to something

Page 26 of 26 « First < 16 24 25 26

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top