Join for free
Page 3 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 05:06 PM

Re: Hair!!!

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You've lovely hair Bratti .... looks like mine actually, even to the crinkly crimped look.
Do you have to watch you don't tuck it into the waistband of your jeans? I do.

I haven't been to a hairdressers since the late 1980's.
For me though, now I'm a certain age and the grey is starting to show (I've never dyed it in my life) .. I'm seriously considering having it lobbed to shoulder length so it's easier to keep nice. I always said I would at age 40, which slipped by and became a promise at 50 ... so it's overdue.
Morti, my sister is the far side of 55 and she’s not cut her hair in donkeys years Last I saw her it was waist length and had a good sprinkling of grey through it. Suits her just fine and like you she doesn’t take much notice of convention
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 05:27 PM

It does suit me. Great winter scarf and kind of provides handy curtains to pull across the face.
Not so good on a windy day though ....

wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 05:30 PM

HAHAHAHA, Mort, that was so funny. I was scrolling down slowly thinking I was going to see what you look like, I spit my coffee all over my computer, laughing so hard. Good one !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 05:42 PM

Hi

Long hair is fine with me, even long grey hair.

It shows individuality and self confidence.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 06:52 PM

Just seen this thread.
Lovely hair Bratti, that is why I called you Repunzel
My hair is long blonde, both my Grandmother, and my Mother NEVER went grey. Same with me - odd!
But then I am odd at times.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 07:58 PM

Hi Bratti,

I just took a pic of my mukluks that I promised I would show you. Let me know if they are the same as yours...

Also, is there anywhere else I can buy the spray for my hair?
I can't get to walmart for a while. Would you mind posting the pictures of the spray again so I can copy it....thanks

wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

11-03-2018, 08:08 PM

Bad hair experience. Almost every time I go to a hairdresser I call it a bad experience. She NEVER does what I tell her to do, even if I take a picture, she finds a reason why she can't do it like that.

The last time I went to the hairstylist, (about 2 months ago, it cost me $250.00 for a cut, highlights and style). I don't know about any of you, but I find that outrageous and I am not going to do it again. I have a friend who goes right downtown (Toronto) and she pays $500.00 every time....she goes every second month. She goes to Vidal Sasoon, so I guess they are a little pricier than the rest, but still, it is terrible that the hairstylists are getting away with this...

Most people I know don't like it when they get their hair done. I walk out feeling terrible and want to hide my head.

So, I have to make some changes....

See ya Bratti !!!!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 09:01 PM

I think I must be mean. I spend less than £50 on my hair for the year. I only have it wet cut about 4 times a year. I can't imagine spending $250 in one go, let alone $500. Mind you, just for once I would like to go into the hairdresser, have the works and come out liking it. Unfortunately it's never going to happen.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
Bratti, I envy your absolutely gorgeous crowning glory, great ideas for hair doo dads, you could sell those.

Bad hair experience....Recently had to have my hair chopped short as I was in an accident and could not lift my arm to style it. I came home crying as I do not suit a pixie cut.

Moped and cursed .....UNTIL I went to visit my landlady who is undergoing chemo and has lost most of her hair.

A wake up call for me for sure, I felt so awful for my complaining.
Thank you Adanac, I’m so sorry you have had to cut your hair due to an injury. That must have been so difficult. Gratitude goes a long way doesn’t it.
Originally Posted by Missy ->
Lovely hair Bratti

I started to go grey. in my twenties, so the colouring for fun soon became a necessity

I always had really dark brown hair, nearly black, so the whites were really noticeable

When I got to my 50s I was persuaded to go for lowlights which I liked at first, but hated the commitment to getting them done so I went cold turkey and allowed the grey to grow through

So now Im 99% grey and love it. Hair is in such good condition I wish I had done it sooner.

Theres still a hint of brown to it in patches so if Im going somewhere where I need to look my best, the hairdresser just matches those bits in for me
Isn’t going all natural grey liberating ?While I loved my coloured hair, after a while I felt like a slave to it.
Your hair sounds lovely! Thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Your hair is beautiful Bratti and I am quite envious.
I have had all sorts of disasters and a few successes over the years with my hair. I am naturally dark, but have been curly and most colours - blonde, red, streaked, etc. I was once so blonde that when I had a toner put on it went green These days I wear my hair short/midi length and what started out as a "Mallen streak" has gone white/grey all around the front, but it is still quite dark at the back. I don't colour or perm it these days - just wash and wear it as it comes. I really need a good cut at the moment, but my hairdresser has just retired so I have to find someone else. I might try cutting it myself for a while.
Thank you Areolor. You certainly sound more adventurous with your hair than I have. It’s hard finding a good trusting hair dresser . Good luck. Thanks for commenting.
Originally Posted by Bobby Àmericano ->
No hair shaming!
We're just "follically challenged!"

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Hi Bratti.....I finally made it here, I have been reading through all the interesting posts. I knew it would be a hit having a hair thread.....look at all the people who are interested in hair.

I am sorry I told you to post in General Chat...I forgot there was a special section...I just didn't want you to post where I couldn't participate.....as I am soooo interested in your hair.

I love the wonderful colours of today. I still haven't gotten to walmart for mine. It is a long way from me and I have a full calendar. I must look back through my photos and find one with the orange. That is the only colour I have tried and it was a permanent dye so it had to be coloured or let it grow out, so I just coloured it. I didn't realize we had other options.

I do have three wigs (had cancer), two are white/gray and one is highlighted light red with blonde highlights. They are great if I am having a bad hair day and have somewhere important to go.

You are brilliant Bratti.....congratulations on your bravery on trying new things, not everyone is so brave.
Hey Blue,
I didn’t know you survived cancer. Well congratulations . I was hoping you’d post pics of your hair.
Luckily you posted cute pics of your Muklucks! Sweet!
You've lovely hair Bratti .... looks like mine actually, even to the crinkly crimped look.
Do you have to watch you don't tuck it into the waistband of your jeans? I do.

I haven't been to a hairdressers since the late 1980's.
For me though, now I'm a certain age and the grey is starting to show (I've never dyed it in my life) .. I'm seriously considering having it lobbed to shoulder length so it's easier to keep nice. I always said I would at age 40, which slipped by and became a promise at 50 ... so it's overdue.
Thanks Mortica and yes it’ has at times gotten caught in my pants. Right now it only 35 inches but it’s been about 43-44 inches before. It gets caught in everything; from car doors to other peoples shirt buttons Oh the places this hair has been

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My father and brothers went bald in their early twenties.

I am suddenly going bald in my sixties, the last few months.

My Son,Guy,has sent me some minoxidil.

He thinks it is hilarious.

Don't get it on your face,you will look like a werewolf.
Well it at least sounds like you have a good sense of humour about it. Lol!

It does suit me. Great winter scarf and kind of provides handy curtains to pull across the face.
Not so good on a windy day though ....

This is too funny. I almost spit my drink out also.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Long hair is fine with me, even long grey hair.

It shows individuality and self confidence.
Yayyyy!
Thank you

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Just seen this thread.
Lovely hair Bratti, that is why I called you Repunzel
My hair is long blonde, both my Grandmother, and my Mother NEVER went grey. Same with me - odd!
But then I am odd at times.
Thanks Sweetie Pie
Never went grey. Yep you ARE odd.

Lol!

Hi Bratti,

I just took a pic of my mukluks that I promised I would show you. Let me know if they are the same as yours...

Also, is there anywhere else I can buy the spray for my hair?
I can't get to walmart for a while. Would you mind posting the pictures of the spray again so I can copy it....thanks

You have killer mukluks Blue. I LOVE those but mine aren’t mukluks. Tomorrow I’ll take a pic of mine.
I will add a picture of the temporary colours but I don’t know where else to purchase them apart from Walmart. I tried Guardian Drugs and Shoppers Drug Mary and neither carried it.
You might find it elsewhere though.
Bad hair experience. Almost every time I go to a hairdresser I call it a bad experience. She NEVER does what I tell her to do, even if I take a picture, she finds a reason why she can't do it like that.

The last time I went to the hairstylist, (about 2 months ago, it cost me $250.00 for a cut, highlights and style). I don't know about any of you, but I find that outrageous and I am not going to do it again. I have a friend who goes right downtown (Toronto) and she pays $500.00 every time....she goes every second month. She goes to Vidal Sasoon, so I guess they are a little pricier than the rest, but still, it is terrible that the hairstylists are getting away with this...

Most people I know don't like it when they get their hair done. I walk out feeling terrible and want to hide my head.

So, I have to make some changes....

See ya Bratti !!!!
$250 a shot?
My sister-in-law who lives in Oakville spends $300 each time she gets her hair done which is every 6 weeks but then again, she can afford it

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I think I must be mean. I spend less than £50 on my hair for the year. I only have it wet cut about 4 times a year. I can't imagine spending $250 in one go, let alone $500. Mind you, just for once I would like to go into the hairdresser, have the works and come out liking it. Unfortunately it's never going to happen.
The last time I went to a hair dresser was in 2011. I don’t trust them . I self trim .The longer it gets the easier it is to trim.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 03:09 AM

Ok Blue.... I can’t post the temporary hair colour pics because it says I already used it for another thread. What the ......?
We can also use a picture once here?
I’ll retake a photo and post it tomorrow.
Later girl!

AND none of you posted pics of your hair!!!!

Shicken chits !

Page 3 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top