Join for free
Page 2 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 09:50 AM

Re: Trust

You are right Spidey you should never trust anyone on social media. I admit in my early years I was also caught out a few times never sent off any money though,because I am just to tight to release cash.
But I like to think as I got older I have mastered it and can spot a bad one and yes there is the odd bad one or two on here that I don't believe I suppose every forum as them.
I am not one to get all boiled up over it these days as I used to.
Live and let live if they get their kicks out of fibbing or exaggerating then let them.
My gran always used to say if you tell one fib you have to tell another to cover the first and so it never ends and you also need a good memory.
Something I have not got these days.
What you see with my occasional posts is what I am.
I try not to get in anyones face unlike some.
Life is to short.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 10:00 AM

Yes, sadly, I have learned the hard way not to trust as well.
I didn't want my faith in humans to be broken, as I like to help if I can, but I was a fool once and have learned from it.
It's a pity in a way, because I liked to trust, and now I don't, not in the same way.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have a great memory and once they tell a lie, that’s it. I never trust them again.
Cowards lie because they are afraid of the truth!

I never trust women with pale blue, sparkly eyes!
😂 I never trust women with hairy legs, especially if they have eight.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 10:07 AM

I never understand how liars can remember what they've said, brutal honesty you don't need a good memory, so that's what you get from me. Must be hard work telling lies.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 10:10 AM

I'm another benefit of the doubt person, but I would never go so far as sending money to anyone I don't know in the flesh, who I can speak to in person. That's just stupid isn't it?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'm another benefit of the doubt person, but I would never go so far as sending money to anyone I don't know in the flesh, who I can speak to in person. That's just stupid isn't it?
In a word..YES.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 10:21 AM

Excellent question Tara, but unfortunately there are many forms of 'trust'...
Trusting someone to tell the truth on a forum, trusting someone with your darkest secrets, trusting someone with your hard earned nest egg, trusting someone with your daughter or wife, and trusting someone with your life....

I'm very sorry to hear of your previous experiences Tara, but one should know how far to go with trust in each category. I can't speak for any other forums because I only inhabit this one, but I can't for the life of me think of anyone on here who I don't believe or trust. I would never send any money to anybody, end of.

As for me, I'm an open book, and I am what you read and see, I see no reason to make stuff up, because I cling on to the notion that one day I might have the good fortune to meet several members. There are many on here who have the same interests as me, and it would be wonderful to meet up sometime and exchange views, or just sort out the world together......
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 10:26 AM

I err on the side of caution. I'm normally a good judge of character and am not usually taken in by hard luck stories.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 10:35 AM

Trust is a risky business.

I know I'm cynical because I always expect the worst of someone, so don't trust them and have found that is invariably right ... it avoids disappointment at a future date.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

I never trust women with pale blue, sparkly eyes!
I never trust men with pale blue sparkly eyes

Page 2 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top