Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 02:09 PM

Outlander's Back.

For those who loved it, Season two starts back. More4 next Thursday 9pm.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 02:12 PM

Re: Outlander's Back.

Yay !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 02:13 PM

We have seen Outlander four times now, including series three. One & two are definitely the best though. I think four comes out at the end of this year.

Outlander must have done so much for Scottish tourism.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 02:23 PM

It has LD, there's a lot of people who come here to visit the places it was filmed BUT many are really disappointed when they find the Standing Stones of Craig na Dun don't exist, they were stage props put up on the hill top for filming. Jamie Fraser's family home is real and a lot of people come to see the Fraser Clan Stone on the Moor, where the battle was fought.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 04:26 PM

Five and six to come later Roxy.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
It has LD, there's a lot of people who come here to visit the places it was filmed BUT many are really disappointed when they find the Standing Stones of Craig na Dun don't exist, they were stage props put up on the hill top for filming. Jamie Fraser's family home is real and a lot of people come to see the Fraser Clan Stone on the Moor, where the battle was fought.
We visited Culloden Moor last month and had to laugh at everyone taking pictures of the Clan Fraser stone (Me included).

Some of the Outlander merchandise is actually quite good quality but I think I would be put off by the Jamie & Claire picture on the tag.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 06:13 PM

I'm glad I spotted this as it wasn't featured in my TV mag.

I must admit....after all the hype surrounding it I found series 1 to be a bit boring and too much emphasis on certain things.

And I can't stand her, that Claire, actually....I might not bother
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-06-2018, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I'm glad I spotted this as it wasn't featured in my TV mag.

I must admit....after all the hype surrounding it I found series 1 to be a bit boring and too much emphasis on certain things.

And I can't stand her, that Claire, actually....I might not bother
Actually, the more I watch it, the more I realise that Jamie would have been better off had he not met Claire.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

07-06-2018, 07:02 PM

Well I have all the books, so I'm curious to see how the tv series plays out. 2 & 3 were really good.....Hope this is the same..
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 11:10 PM

I've just watched the last one of series two, and thought, that as it featured the Battle of Culloden, that would be the end of the story regarding the death of Jamie. Apparently not! I do believe there is at least another series to come. Somehow, I wished the makers had left it at that. The trend nowadays is to stretch a storyline out to breaking point.It's been an excellent programme, but I don't think I could believe in another unlikely twist to this tale.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top