Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 06:13 AM

Re: My latest 'Toy'

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Is this it??

Yes. Similar in appearance. Mine is called the ‘Pressure King Pro’
FridgeMagnet
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 06:25 PM

Sticky BBQ ribs with corn cobs for dinner tonight. First attempt at digital pressure cooker recipe.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 11:56 PM

as someone once sang "is this all there is my friend - is this all there is?"
FridgeMagnet

18-07-2018, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
as someone once sang "is this all there is my friend - is this all there is?"

Not entirely clear of the point of your post!
FridgeMagnet

13-09-2018, 10:30 AM

Made a chicken and mushroom risotto in the Pressure King Pro last night. With a few alterations to the recipe. Firstly, as my daughter is gluten intolerant, we used rice instead of barley and we left out the dry white wine. Although in future I might give grape juice a try. Overall verdict. A complete success and something we will make again soon.
It is the sort of food that suits my daughter atm. She is having a problem with medication intolerance as the combination she is on is upsetting her system and ruining her appetite.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
Made a chicken and mushroom risotto in the Pressure King Pro last night. With a few alterations to the recipe. Firstly, as my daughter is gluten intolerant, we used rice instead of barley and we left out the dry white wine. Although in future I might give grape juice a try. Overall verdict. A complete success and something we will make again soon.
It is the sort of food that suits my daughter atm. She is having a problem with medication intolerance as the combination she is on is upsetting her system and ruining her appetite.
I would substitute the wine with a couple of teaspoons of white wine vinegar. You can get a small bottle for about 80p and it lasts for months (years??). I like to use it in chicken dishes, it cuts through the stickiness.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I would substitute the wine with a couple of teaspoons of white wine vinegar. You can get a small bottle for about 80p and it lasts for months (years??). I like to use it in chicken dishes, it cuts through the stickiness.
I have never tried that Doody.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 04:38 PM

Well I've never owned a Pressure Cooker, I casserole my meat for 3 hrs. the traditional way.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 04:44 PM

I have never eaten pressure cooked food but I noticed it does have a distinctive smell when cooking. My neighbours used one and it filled my pantry, the smell, not the cooker.
FridgeMagnet

27-02-2021, 10:25 AM

Ok. A couple of years have passed since the last post.
How many of you rushed out to buy a digital pressure cooker then?
I am still using mine regularly. In fact, almost every day.
I’ve noticed that they are selling at a lower price than I paid for mine.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top