Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 03:23 PM

Re: My Coco Growling

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Cats are very territorial by nature. They will stand their ground. Another cat coming into your cats garden is enough to put the claws out. It’s good that they didn’t fight. That’s where the term ‘cat fight’ came from. Vicious things at times.
Oh, she's back....
Susie, one of my friends has a balcony and her cat sits out there in the sun. Last week a squirrel came on to the balcony and the cat attacked it very viciously and killed the squirrel biting him in the neck.

Then she brought the squirrel into the Living Room to show her what she captured....the cat was very "proud" that she attacked and killed the squirrel...hahaha, my friend didn't know what to do, so she wrapped it in a tea towel and took it out to the garden and buried it.

That cat looked for that squirrel for two days.....and she seemed very upset that she couldn't find it, after all, it was her good hunting that caught it It belonged to her, hahahaha.

Great thread Suzie x
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 06:28 PM

Omg its happened again tonight, just took Coco out in the garden and along came the other Cat, again Coco was going in for the kill, and yet the other Cat only wants to play and is very friendly she seems to really like me and wants me to cuddle her, but Coco was going mad at her, so I had to pick to other Cat up and put her over the gate to the other side of the garden and take Coco indoors but she dug her heels in and wouldn't budge, but I got her in at the end.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Omg its happened again tonight, just took Coco out in the garden and along came the other Cat, again Coco was going in for the kill, and yet the other Cat only wants to play and is very friendly she seems to really like me and wants me to cuddle her, but Coco was going mad at her, so I had to pick to other Cat up and put her over the gate to the other side of the garden and take Coco indoors but she dug her heels in and wouldn't budge, but I got her in at the end.
Perhaps a good job you are moving then!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 06:41 PM

Someone's jealous.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 08:37 PM

It is her garden!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 02:41 AM

It is her garden!
Aww susie, she is right, it IS her garden.....
You wouldn't let any stray ladies in your house, so why should she let anyone in her garden. This thread is so funny and precious as I am very much a cat woman and I have gone through the growling stage also.....very territorial little characters...LOL
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 12:16 AM

Oh dear you picked her up and created a physical bond! Coco will be so jealous. The best thing to do in my experience is to shoo the other cat away when it's being friendly and get it out of the garden in a less than friendly manner. Coco sees the other cat as a threat trying to gain favours with you and you belong to Coco. Friendly cats are the worst at making pets feel insecure. They are seen as potential usurpers.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

27-08-2018, 06:27 PM

Yes you're right Annie I shouldn't have picked her up, but she hid under my bush and I had to get her out.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

27-08-2018, 06:29 PM

So funny. When people come round to view our House I hide Coco's toys so that the rooms look bigger and I put her tunnel and toys in the tumble dryer out of the way. This morning I couldn't find Coco, looked everywhere I thought she might be under the bed, but no, all of a sudden I saw two blue eyes starring at me, she is in the Tumble dryer inside her toy tunnel, with her toys, she looked so cute.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 07:33 PM

So funny. When people come round to view our House I hide Coco's toys so that the rooms look bigger and I put her tunnel and toys in the tumble dryer out of the way. This morning I couldn't find Coco, looked everywhere I thought she might be under the bed, but no, all of a sudden I saw two blue eyes starring at me, she is in the Tumble dryer inside her toy tunnel, with her toys, she looked so cute.
Susie that is so funny! She obviously didn't want to be parted from her toys and this is in the popular cat manual entitled "how to train your human"!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top