Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 10:59 PM

Re: Chefs - Washing hands

I once worked as a quality control supervisor for a Unilever factory. The QC boss and myself had just relieved ourselves in the gentleman's and a worker emerged from a cubical followed by an overpowering smell and headed straight for the exit. My boss stopped him and said "Hey! Wash your hands!" The reply was "It's ok chief, I'm not going back in the factory, I'm going to have my lunch!" A training course was soon activated!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
I once worked as a quality control supervisor for a Unilever factory. The QC boss and myself had just relieved ourselves in the gentleman's and a worker emerged from a cubical followed by an overpowering smell and headed straight for the exit. My boss stopped him and said "Hey! Wash your hands!" The reply was "It's ok chief, I'm not going back in the factory, I'm going to have my lunch!" A training course was soon activated!

Oooh No. How revolting Ciderman. What a grotty toe-rag he was.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 12:48 AM

It used to always make me feel uncomfortable that Jamie would never rinse salad veg before putting it on a plate.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 03:40 AM

A few years ago my daughter bought me a breakfast with James Martin before his show in Harrogate ( not just me a group of fans) when asked what irritated him most he said it was people obsessed with hand washing.. he explained that shooting a tv show was very different to a real life situation

He made us all laugh later when he walked out on stage and pretended to blow his nose on a tea towel

I've told this story before on here ages ago...thought it was worth another mention
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 07:13 AM

Does anyone remember Fanny and Johnny Cradock? They lived quite near my cousin and used the same local pub and - oh boy - was she a pain!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EQJ8GnDsiw
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 05:44 PM

I've still got her cookery book ST.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I've still got her cookery book ST.
She certainly knew how to cook - and how make it look easy too. She would often appear in full evening dress which looked bizarre in a kitchen. I seem to remember my mother collecting a whole series of magazines with fancy holders. That was a laugh as she hated cooking.

The landlord of the pub used to joke that he did not need a bell to call 'time' when she was around - people used to leave in droves!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 06:34 PM

Perhaps they do wash their hands and they just don't show it on what is after all an entertainment programme.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

28-08-2018, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Perhaps they do wash their hands and they just don't show it on what is after all an entertainment programme.
Good point. I can't really comment as I do not have a TV.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Does anyone remember Fanny and Johnny Cradock? They lived quite near my cousin and used the same local pub and - oh boy - was she a pain!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EQJ8GnDsiw
I loved the story about Fanny and her doughnuts transmitted innocently on her & Johnny's last show before the BBC ditched her.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top