Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 07:00 PM

Re: beware of the meat you are buying and eating!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
There are only two butchers that I deal with - one in the village and on in town. Both of them sell locally produced meat and poultry. It is always fresh and wholesome. I would never - ever - buy meat, fish or poultry from a supermarket.
good onya ST - supermarket are all selling junk - the farmers around our way complain that they will not take slighty mishappen fruit etc - everything has to look perfect - why I sure the consumer doesn't worry
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 07:15 PM

Become a vergetarian .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 07:48 PM

I don't eat meat except for chicken breast and on a very rare occasion I'll busy some mince to make Indian shami kebabs so it doesn't worry me, however, it's so wrong what they do.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 08:36 PM

Thank god I only eat Chicken or Fish.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 07:45 AM

Think I'll have to return to eating 'safari' meat, Camel, Crocodile, Eland, Gazelle, Kangaroo, Kudu, Ostrich, Water Buffalo, Wildebeeste, Zebra.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 07:48 AM

And so easily available in Brighton !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
And so easily available in Brighton !
Yes My butcher obtains and sells it all.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 08:54 AM

Hi

Not an issue for me, I don't buy mince or ready foods.

I buy direct from the farms and abattoirs, so know exactly what I am getting.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Not an issue for me, I don't buy mince or ready foods.

I buy direct from the farms and abattoirs, so know exactly what I am getting.
Yep, just makes so much sense.

I buy my meat in huge batches maybe once every 3 months from a very reputable farm shop. Costs me about £200 a trip. I buy large joints of lamb and pork which I slice up at home using my electric slicer and then freeze in portions. I buy bulk trays of good chicken breasts, I buy haunches, kidneys, livers of venison, I buy kilos of diced shin beef and mutton for stews and a few sauages.

All really good meat, totally visible in the huge display counter, all bagged up in front of me. The sausages would be the only item where I can't actually see or know exactly what is in them, but as they make their own on site and their quality and provenance is highly respected, I have little worries on that score.

As a result of the above I pretty much never buy meat from the supermarkets which is, as we all know, poor quality, packaged in factory warehouses where if the meat falls on the floor they pick it back up and pack it anyway.

We only have one body so it makes sense to prioritise the quality of food and fuel we give it. Buying crap cheap meat is a false economy.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Yep, just makes so much sense.

I buy my meat in huge batches maybe once every 3 months from a very reputable farm shop. Costs me about £200 a trip. I buy large joints of lamb and pork which I slice up at home using my electric slicer and then freeze in portions. I buy bulk trays of good chicken breasts, I buy haunches, kidneys, livers of venison, I buy kilos of diced shin beef and mutton for stews and a few sauages.

All really good meat, totally visible in the huge display counter, all bagged up in front of me. The sausages would be the only item where I can't actually see or know exactly what is in them, but as they make their own on site and their quality and provenance is highly respected, I have little worries on that score.

As a result of the above I pretty much never buy meat from the supermarkets which is, as we all know, poor quality, packaged in factory warehouses where if the meat falls on the floor they pick it back up and pack it anyway.

We only have one body so it makes sense to prioritise the quality of food and fuel we give it. Buying crap cheap meat is a false economy.
yes but for many who could not read what you've just posted it would be a probably heh - could you turn that into a poster?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top