Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 09:06 AM

Re: Tommy Robinson may join UKIP

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Purwell, If you keep on insisting on acting like a smartass, first you have to be smart, otherwise, you are just an ass!!

I thought it ...you typed it
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 10:52 AM

I don't think it will bode well for Nigel if he is returning.

Ever since Ukip was first formed, they have been fighting endlessly against the slur of being akin to the BNP and EDL. Indignant ordinary, decent British citizens who had given up on the other parties ever listening to their worries and concerns, voted for the only party that actually spoke out about the same things that really mattered to them; For that, they were branded as racist for supporting them.

After the Referendum victory, Ukip gained respect for their part in ensuring it happened. So why would they be stupid enough to ever entertain enroling a Far Right figure such as Tommy Robinson, risking in the process, losing most if not all the votes of those decent and respectable British Citizens, who would be deserving of the brand Racist if remaining a supporter of such a party.
...Excellent post Shropshiregirl.

Joe, with all due respect, just because a party comes along with a vision of what's wrong with this country, and a solution to try and put it right, doesn't make them racist or little Englanders. It's about a party who cares about this country, and wants to return it to the self sufficient, proud country it used to be. Why can't we be part of Europe without joining their all consuming gang? Why can't we restrict the number of people entering this overcrowded land, and prevent entry to those that wish to do us harm, without being called 'Racist'?

I welcome the immigrant as much as any man, but you don't do them, or us, any favours when you are bringing them into a country with insufficient services, housing, hospitals and decent road and rail networks that are bursting at the seams. Why do people ignore what's staring them in the face. Both main parties (Labour and Conservative) have had a good go and failed'ish, what about giving UKIP a chance? You may be pleasantly surprised at the outcome. I don't know too much about Tommy Robinson, but he seems to attract trouble, and trouble is something UKIP can do without.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Never met a decent and respectable UKIP supporter yet, where did you find them?
Open your eyes and your mind Purwell, embrace a party (and it's members) who want to give you a better life and future. The ones in power recently haven't done a very good job have they...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 11:12 AM

I've mixed views ... but reckon it'll be a bad move.

UKIP do not want or need to be associated with BNP and EDL and I'm afraid that that's exactly what it will do.

UKIP I can go for, with the right leadership, right now they're far too fragmented like a sieve with too many holes to carry any political clout.
The other two however, put bluntly, were often just racist thugs.

Standard view isn't it ..
The main parties are parties without a decent strong leader.
Farage was a leader without a decent strong party.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-09-2018, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I've mixed views ... but reckon it'll be a bad move.

UKIP do not want or need to be associated with BNP and EDL and I'm afraid that that's exactly what it will do.

UKIP I can go for, with the right leadership, right now they're far too fragmented like a sieve with too many holes to carry any political clout.
The other two however, put bluntly, were often just racist thugs.

Standard view isn't it ..
The main parties are parties without a decent strong leader.
Farage was a leader without a decent strong party.
You have a wonderful way with words Morty....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 11:26 AM

Ta

I wonder whether Farage would have done better inside the tent peeing out ..
Instead of stuck outside the tent peeing in.
I don't think we've seen the real heights that Farage could achieve because of it. He had, maybe still has, great untapped potential.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
A presupposition that never happened!!! - ukip always was and always will be neo-fascist party formed by racists and 'little englanders'.
UJ, if it means thousands of decent, respectable but totally disillusioned voters who had only a dirt-poor choice of voting for the EU supporting and self-interested in the one party or power-hungry with the capability to destroy this country in the other, then being labelled “Little Englander” is a label most of us can, I am sure, learn to live with for voting for Ukip. However, your fall back slur on the above ever wishing to support “a racist party” as you call Ukip, really is old hat now, typical of the Blair years when it perhaps had some reaction. By using the word, knowing you are insulting not just the party, but the very people that voted for it, is the the last refuge of someone who has already lost the argument. Give it a rest please. No-one is denying that the Far Right have now started to infiltrate Ukip, which is a very bad move. We who voted for Ukip are sensible enough to know when the time comes, whether to repeat their vote.

As another poster on here said, It is really time for some new blood in our politics.(and I’m certainly not referring to the vile Tony Blair’s just announced, new Centralist Labour Party.)
We are crying out for a party that actually believes that a nation has a duty to protect our heritage, our culture and our history, A party not afraid to stop the plundering of our fishing rights, our commerce being handed to foreign countries, open borders, millions of pounds forever squandered on everything but our own vulnerable, who are badly in need of it. Whether that party turns out to be Ukip or a newly-formed party willing to implement these policies, they will get my precious vote!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 12:06 PM

Purwell, If you keep on insisting on acting like a smartass, first you have to be smart, otherwise, you are just an ass!!
Another nice remark from a lovely lady.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 12:25 PM

If you can't take as well as give, then don't give out insults!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 12:30 PM

If you can't take as well as give, then don't give out insults!
He doesn't know how. He can't offer any coherent comments on any subject so reverts to abuse. Wouldn't mind if some of his comments were even faintly amusing instead of the usual constant vitriol.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top