Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 10:32 PM

Re: MP's Tell their Leaders to act tough on Travellers!

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Seriously?
You think no-one else is complaining?

200 years of brewing and these rsoles do so much damage the site has been closed down.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...aites-brewery/

Yet it's only the torys who are complaining?
Your pathetic posts get worse
Hear hear.

If only action had been taken immediately, and the pikeys kicked out forcibly and with severe penalties, not only could it have saved the brewery but it would have sent a clear message to other pikeys that their destructive choice of life would never be tolerated in this country.

Go and do your dirty work in the country you came from - Ireland.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Hear hear.

If only action had been taken immediately, and the pikeys kicked out forcibly and with severe penalties, not only could it have saved the brewery but it would have sent a clear message to other pikeys that their destructive choice of life would never be tolerated in this country.
Hmm. This is beginning to sound like a certain "solution" advocated around 82 years ago. Are you entirely sure that you wish to take it along such extreme lines?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Hmm. This is beginning to sound like a certain "solution" advocated around 82 years ago. Are you entirely sure that you wish to take it along such extreme lines?
Certainly I am.

Think about it. 82 years ago, that would have been a likely solution in THIS country, so please don't suggest I am thinking like a Nazi.

Don't tell me that you're one of those wishy-washy Liberals who see nothing wrong with what 'travellers' seem to be getting away with these days.

I wonder how you'd feel if they occupied your house while you were out or on holiday.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 12:26 AM

Certainly I am.

Think about it. 82 years ago, that would have been a likely solution in THIS country, so please don't suggest I am thinking like a Nazi.
Not at all. It's your concept of removal of the "undesirables" regardless of the carte blanche and apparent simplistic and harsh methodology that worries me.

Don't tell me that you're one of those wishy-washy Liberals who see nothing wrong with what 'travellers' seem to be getting away with these days.
Of course not. I despise their ad hoc and criminal ways. For me, the solution isn't so black and white, if we are to learn the lessons of history.

I wonder how you'd feel if they occupied your house while you were out or on holiday.
Appalled, angry (to the n'th degree) and frustrated, obviously.

What concerns me is the hypothetical return to the solution advocated 82 years ago and in particular what it implies.

Are we really so imaginatively bereft of other solutions?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

12-09-2018, 12:32 AM

It just seems to me that "send them back" to an ill-defined place of origin, or effectually "cull" them indicates that we haven't learnt the lessons of history and, as such, are likely to repeat the errors of the past. Is that really progress???
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 08:02 AM

The knuckle draggers from the 'little englander' contingent on here are having a field day!!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 08:17 AM

Does anyone apart from you use that out dated term anymore ?
I never ever hear it used except on this forum.
BTW why DO you hate England ?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

12-09-2018, 08:23 AM

Joe, do you actually have an opinion on this issue or even a tentative solution to this perceived problem?

Or don't you think it's a problem?

What, precisely, is the purpose of your comments on this thread to date other than seek attention?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-09-2018, 09:59 AM

Not at all. It's your concept of removal of the "undesirables" regardless of the carte blanche and apparent simplistic and harsh methodology that worries me.

Of course not. I despise their ad hoc and criminal ways. For me, the solution isn't so black and white, if we are to learn the lessons of history.

Appalled, angry (to the n'th degree) and frustrated, obviously.

What concerns me is the hypothetical return to the solution advocated 82 years ago and in particular what it implies.

Are we really so imaginatively bereft of other solutions?
Well, we shall have to disagree. So what are your solutions then?

However, I shall just end by saying that the wishy-washy solution is not working, and has not been working for decades now.

I am not the only person who is unhappy with it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-09-2018, 10:01 AM

It just seems to me that "send them back" to an ill-defined place of origin, or effectually "cull" them indicates that we haven't learnt the lessons of history and, as such, are likely to repeat the errors of the past. Is that really progress???
I understand that the pikeys come from Ireland to go on their outings, and do so regularly.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top