Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
bakerman's Avatar
bakerman
Senior Member
bakerman is offline
Mexico
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,076
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-09-2018, 06:50 AM
1

I don't trust my doctor

for a number of years I have had terrible bowel trouble, but no G.I Dr. has been able to diagnose it.

Several weeks ago I asked him to do a procedure to check for yeast over-growth. Today he said there was no yeast over growth.

He then asked if I wanted a colonoscopy ? That would be a the 3rd one in 5 years. I asked him why he would suggest that again, and he said he would do 4 or 5 biopsies. Allegedly to look for microscopic colitis.

Each time they do a procedure, it is to look for yet something else. I don't know why those so-called-experts don't do it all at the same time and thus save me a great deal of suffering and time.

Personally, I believe that if they could ever cure me, they would lose a patient and several thousand dollars.

I don't trust them one tiny bit.
Reply With Quote
Uncle Joe's Avatar
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Uncle Joe is offline
Brighton UK
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,361
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-09-2018, 08:36 AM
2

Re: I don't trust my doctor

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
for a number of years I have had terrible bowel trouble, but no G.I Dr. has been able to diagnose it.

Several weeks ago I asked him to do a procedure to check for yeast over-growth. Today he said there was no yeast over growth.

He then asked if I wanted a colonoscopy ? That would be a the 3rd one in 5 years. I asked him why he would suggest that again, and he said he would do 4 or 5 biopsies. Allegedly to look for microscopic colitis.

Each time they do a procedure, it is to look for yet something else. I don't know why those so-called-experts don't do it all at the same time and thus save me a great deal of suffering and time.

Personally, I believe that if they could ever cure me, they would lose a patient and several thousand dollars.

I don't trust them one tiny bit.

This is what comes by not having a 'proper' health care system.
Reply With Quote
Realist's Avatar
Realist
Chatterbox
Realist is offline
UK
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 5,686
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-09-2018, 08:56 AM
3

Re: I don't trust my doctor

Bakerman, if you are able to eat Grapefruits and citrus fruits then consider getting some Grapefruit Seed Extract. It will sort yeast or Candida type problems very quickly. Have you had tons of antibiotics over the last year or so that have ruined your gut flora?
Reply With Quote
Roxy's Avatar
Roxy
Senior Member
Roxy is offline
Caithness.
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,698
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-09-2018, 09:04 AM
4

Re: I don't trust my doctor

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Bakerman, if you are able to eat Grapefruits and citrus fruits then consider getting some Grapefruit Seed Extract. It will sort yeast or Candida type problems very quickly
Worth a try Bakerman.
Reply With Quote
bakerman's Avatar
bakerman
Senior Member
bakerman is offline
Mexico
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,076
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-09-2018, 01:02 PM
5

Re: I don't trust my doctor

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Bakerman, if you are able to eat Grapefruits and citrus fruits then consider getting some Grapefruit Seed Extract. It will sort yeast or Candida type problems very quickly. Have you had tons of antibiotics over the last year or so that have ruined your gut flora?

I wouldn't say that I had tons of antibiotics, but I've had some. I've also taken probiotics to set the flora straight after I took the antibiotics but probiotics do not seem to make any positive impact. ???????

There was a whole month that the system was working perfectly. immediately after starting a regime of steroids, BINGO ! Perfect BM. However, Drs claim that steroids have nothing to do with the bowel system. Then, when the 30 day steroid regime ran out, the system went back to it's horrible way again.
Reply With Quote
bakerman's Avatar
bakerman
Senior Member
bakerman is offline
Mexico
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,076
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-09-2018, 10:53 PM
6

Re: I don't trust my doctor

P.S. I have had every test the doctors suggest: endoscopy into stomach (2 times), a huge camera pill that goes through the entire G.I system taking pictures as it goes and several colonoscopies, numerous stool sample tests, blood tests etc etc etc.

The latest genius of a G.I doctor said I have a lack of blood flow to the intestines. When I asked him why he thought that. he replied, "It's as good a guess as any other". Brilliant ! Just brilliant !

In the mean time I can lose control of my bowels on a city bus, trolley, in the supermarket, in a department store, walking down the street etc etc. 7 years of living with this nightmare.
Reply With Quote
Ffosse's Avatar
Ffosse
Senior Member
Ffosse is offline
Edinburgh
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 4,914
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-09-2018, 11:11 PM
7

Re: I don't trust my doctor

I've suffered what you mention in your last paragraph just a couple of times but know how awful it is.

I do hope you get something resolved and your health improves.
Reply With Quote
Sweetie pie's Avatar
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Sweetie pie is offline
Dorset
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 17,917
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-09-2018, 11:11 PM
8

Re: I don't trust my doctor

Bakerman can I get back to you about this.
I know you have a quite a few things going on at the moment. This will increase stress levels. I think the best thing to do, is take one thing at a time.
I will support you.
But I am not medically trained.
Try and keep calm.
You will get lots of support on this forum. X
Reply With Quote
Besoeker
Senior Member
Besoeker is online now
Dunstable, UK
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,012
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-09-2018, 12:21 AM
9

Re: I don't trust my doctor

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Bakerman can I get back to you about this.
I know you have a quite a few things going on at the moment. This will increase stress levels. I think the best thing to do, is take one thing at a time.
I will support you.
But I am not medically trained.
Try and keep calm.
You will get lots of support on this forum. X
You may have hit the nail on the head. Stress.
I suffered from what they called chronic ulcerative colitis for decades. Drugs to alleviate the symptoms didn't help a lot.

I now have a gentler life style, a lovely wife, beautiful home cooked food, and a dog who has been with me through thick and thin. When I had cancer and couldn't do a lot he laid by my bed, gave me a gentle pat now and then.

It's a bond that is hard to describe. Therapy in a fur coat.The best stress relief there is.
Reply With Quote
bakerman's Avatar
bakerman
Senior Member
bakerman is offline
Mexico
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,076
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-09-2018, 01:13 AM
10

Re: I don't trust my doctor

Yes, I'm currently looking for a furry companion. but, I need one that does not require too much high energy exercise.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.