Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 11:22 AM

Re: How many operations have you had?

Well you're in the right place but it wasn't a tree.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Well you're in the right place but it wasn't a tree.

I wish it had been and you could’ve backed up my story!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 11:36 AM

I don't .. I'd have ended up walking damn funny
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Ooh, that sounds interesting?

I remember years ago, reading about a woman who had a plant growing in her vagina. It looked like a white fungal type tree and she had to have an operation to have it removed.

When l tell people, no one believes me.... l am not sure why?
I remember it Art, you're not alone.

I saw an episode of Embarrassing Bodies (I think) where some woman had recurring infections "up inside". They gave her a thorough examination and discovered she had an old condom stuck right at the top

Worst bit was her partner at the time didn't use condoms

Sorry, off topic!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Up until last year, l had never had a stitch, an operation or broken a bone in my life. (I still haven’t broken a bone TG!)

Then on a visit to the doctor (l was dress size 14) he said, l was ‘obese’ or should l say, his computer said l was after he punched in all my statistics etc!
He said, l must lose weight and funded me to go to Weight Watchers, where l lost over a stone.
Yeah, that was great but l feel dieting might be good for you in one way but bad for you in another way!

I had never had any tummy trouble in my life and then it started, bloating, reflux and pain in my right side. The doctor, prescribed PPIs and thank goodness l read a thread on here that Azz started as l am sure l would still be on them now. (I only took one tablet!)

It was diagnosed that l had gallstones and l had to have the first operation and stitches of my life. I read, dieting can contribute to gallstones forming.

Yet another excellent excuse not to diet!!!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 10:09 PM

Tonsils when a child.

40 to 46 years old..

Bladder neck stretched.
Right nephrectomy (kidney removal).
Bladder neck incision.
Tumour in bladder lasered.
Tumour in bladder lasered again.
Tumour in bladder lasered again again.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 09:01 AM

Had my tonsils and adenoids out aged 8

Gall bladder removal major as adhesions made keyhole too difficult

In my 20s
A miscarriage

Next a D & C which resulted in what the doctors called 'a missed abortion' I had the D & C because of period problems and it turns out that when they performed that D&C they aborted my baby that I never knew I was carrying.

It was discovered because after the D&C I passed an enormous clot which was caught in a kidney dish as the had wanted a urine sample. I was horrified and pulled emergency cord I the bathroom. The clot was sent for analysis and the results came back 'remains of a feotus' . They had never tested my urine before the op, had they done so they would have discovered I was pregnant whic was unbeknown to me at that time.

I remember crying when I realised I had lost another baby and a vile nurse saying to me "why are you crying, you didn't know you were pregnant" omg how insensitive of that nurse. I was only in my 20s and I was devastated. In hindsight I wish I had sued that hospital but I never did.
1year later I had an ectopic pregnancy

Lymph nodes removed under my armpit

I hope to not need anything else, hospitals are scary places and hold bad memories for most people
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 11:59 AM

Tonsils and adenoids at about 5 or 6.
About age 55. Can't remember. Hand operation to remove a small bone at the Base of my thumb.to relieve arthritis pain. It was called a trapeziotomy. It did the trick but I've never tried getting on a trapeze.
I'm sure that's not spelt right but never mind.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's a conversation forum at the end of the day
Not only at the end of the day, some people go at it all night.
Lyn68
New Member!
London, UK
Lyn68 is female 

18-09-2018, 04:56 PM

Three.
Tonsils and adenoids aged 4
Operation on my right patella (it kept dislocating) aged 13
Appendicectomy aged 22

Don't want any more thank you!

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top