Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Senior Member
Tedc is offline
Berkshire, UK
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 988
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-09-2018, 10:52 AM
1

A House Full Of Pills? A dangerous mix?

I picked up my 3 month Prescription last week.

As usual this contains half a dozen different kinds of pills, ranging from Warfarin through Amlopodine, Atorvastation, Perindopril,etc.

All this contained in a medium size plastic shopping bag.

Since the Warfarin dosage can change, at every monthly INR blood test, the tablets have to be provided in sizes from 0.5, 1, 3, 5, etc.

You have to tick boxes to get the next 3 month prescription right!

My rant is that this is a lot of pills to mange, sort, set out and remember to take.

Risk of wrong dosage is high, even though my mental state is quite good, and I hate to think of what might be happening to those entering into memory loss .

When I get all of these pills, I separate them into daily doses using these plastic sliding tray devices.

Is there a better way of managing all of this?
Reply With Quote
tarantula's Avatar
tarantula
Chatterbox
tarantula is offline
UK
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 8,406
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-09-2018, 11:28 AM
2

Re: A House Full Of Pills? A dangerous mix?

Every Saturday I put my husband's five lots of medication in morning and evening pill boxes for the week. He always checks to see I have made no mistakes.
Reply With Quote
Nom
Chatterbox
Nom is offline
Northumberland
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 14,172
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-09-2018, 11:42 AM
3

Re: A House Full Of Pills? A dangerous mix?

Hi i take over 600 pills a month at the moment, i bought a multi compartment case from B&Q for screws and nails.

You can change the size and shape of each compartment to store your meds, may be a soloution for yo.
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is online now
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 14,803
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-09-2018, 11:47 AM
4

Re: A House Full Of Pills? A dangerous mix?

Hi

I am immune to Warfarin, I manage my own INR.

You should ask if you can.
Reply With Quote
Cinderella's Avatar
Cinderella
Senior Member
Cinderella is offline
East Anglia,UK
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,110
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-09-2018, 11:54 AM
5

Re: A House Full Of Pills? A dangerous mix?

Elderly neighbour had them delivered already marked up with date, day and time, then carers supervised her taking them and wrote in the care book to confirm that.
Reply With Quote
susiejaeger's Avatar
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
susiejaeger is offline
Essex, UK
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 16,098
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-09-2018, 12:03 PM
6

Re: A House Full Of Pills? A dangerous mix?

Sorry Ted, I do exactly the same as use, divide them into the plastic tray for the week.

I also have a lot of medication.
Reply With Quote
pauline3's Avatar
pauline3
Senior Member
pauline3 is offline
Hampshire UK
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 835
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-09-2018, 12:33 PM
7

Re: A House Full Of Pills? A dangerous mix?

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I picked up my 3 month Prescription last week.

As usual this contains half a dozen different kinds of pills, ranging from Warfarin through Amlopodine, Atorvastation, Perindopril,etc.

All this contained in a medium size plastic shopping bag.

Since the Warfarin dosage can change, at every monthly INR blood test, the tablets have to be provided in sizes from 0.5, 1, 3, 5, etc.

You have to tick boxes to get the next 3 month prescription right!


My rant is that this is a lot of pills to mange, sort, set out and remember to take.

Risk of wrong dosage is high, even though my mental state is quite good, and I hate to think of what might be happening to those entering into memory loss .


When I get all of these pills, I separate them into daily doses using these plastic sliding tray devices.

Is there a better way of managing all of this?

Yes,if you ask the chemist,they will put them in Monday to Sunday pack,and sort them for you,..3months supply,little individual pots,that you pop open,I was a carer,most of my ladies,gents,had them,..when I pick up my prescription ,which went from taking one tablet,to taking seven after my heart surgery,if they can sort them for me.
Reply With Quote
Tedc
Senior Member
Tedc is offline
Berkshire, UK
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 988
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-09-2018, 01:07 PM
8

Re: A House Full Of Pills? A dangerous mix?

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Yes,if you ask the chemist,they will put them in Monday to Sunday pack,and sort them for you,..3months supply,little individual pots,that you pop open,I was a carer,most of my ladies,gents,had them,..when I pick up my prescription ,which went from taking one tablet,to taking seven after my heart surgery,if they can sort them for me.
Wow!

I'll pop into Lloyds Pharmacy ASAP and see if they'll do that.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Beautiful Filly's Avatar
Beautiful Filly
Senior Member
Beautiful Filly is offline
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 831
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-09-2018, 02:20 PM
9

Re: A House Full Of Pills? A dangerous mix?

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Wow!

I'll pop into Lloyds Pharmacy ASAP and see if they'll do that.

Thanks.

Hi Tedc...I also have the "blister" packs, mentioned by pauline3 and they are so easy to use. The pharmacist puts the exact amount of pills for morning, noon, dinner and bedtime...into the 7 day blister pack... This is a huge help for me as I take so many different medications...

I have no doubt that you would benefit with these... Good luck!
Reply With Quote
Ffosse's Avatar
Ffosse
Senior Member
Ffosse is offline
Edinburgh
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 4,914
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-09-2018, 02:33 PM
10

Re: A House Full Of Pills? A dangerous mix?

It can get complicated when you have many meds to take. I hope you get something sorted out.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.