Join for free
Page 5 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 11:23 PM

Re: The Me Too Movement and Me...and Possibly You

Not sure, Blokes and Ladies seem to want to act with impunity, within a society, but, want balance as a result, cake and eat it comes to mind.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 12:16 AM

It is still very difficult for women to be accepted and recognized and respected as equals in many societies - look across the globe from Africa to America and ask the question - true equality or inequality at all levels??

the Me Too movement is a brick in the wall - it is not the only action just one of what should be many. Female politicians in OZ right now are leaving in droves because of their claims of unequal treatment in the parliament ; harassment by male politicians - male cronyism, this is modern day Australia! The same WILL and IS happening in UK, CA and USA to name but a few. Perhaps we can learn a few lessons from our Scandinavian cousins?

Women have been 'oppressed' and treated as second class citizens for many years throughout the world and no less in many ways in our so called modern societies. It's a long journey and in many ways just beginning. Don't narrow your focus to microscopic views try to see the bigger picture?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Me too is just a passing fad. It won't change human behaviour or the cultures that have led women to be in such situations. At the end of the day women have very little protection from assault in our societies. The movement seems to celebrate the victim mentality rather than proposing a solution.
I agree Annie, but you get nowhere without a fight!

I suspect that the first move to achieve equality for women was back when Mrs Pankhurst fought to get women the vote, which was achieved in 1928, shortly after her death. No change in public attitudes comes quickly, but it planted the seed of change because the suffragettes suffered to achieve it for all!

Women's Lib reawakened the fight in the 60s and it still continues today, but changing attitudes is a slow process and will only be achieved by strong minded women. Women are a lot stronger now & I hope we continue the progress!

British Law accepts that men & women should be treated equally, and so do the laws of many countries, but you can only win a battle if your army are brave strong! Lets hope that all women are prepared to fight for justice, instead of waiting for an activist group to do it for them. As long as women appear to be weak, men will remain dominant & some men, like rapist, will take advantage of that!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
It is still very difficult for women to be accepted and recognized and respected as equals in many societies - look across the globe from Africa to America and ask the question - true equality or inequality at all levels??

the Me Too movement is a brick in the wall - it is not the only action just one of what should be many. Female politicians in OZ right now are leaving in droves because of their claims of unequal treatment in the parliament ; harassment by male politicians - male cronyism, this is modern day Australia! The same WILL and IS happening in UK, CA and USA to name but a few. Perhaps we can learn a few lessons from our Scandinavian cousins?

Women have been 'oppressed' and treated as second class citizens for many years throughout the world and no less in many ways in our so called modern societies. It's a long journey and in many ways just beginning. Don't narrow your focus to microscopic views try to see the bigger picture?
No one is disputing that Gumshoe, Just saying that an activist led witch hunt is not the answer.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
No one is disputing that Gumshoe, Just saying that an activist led witch hunt is not the answer.
?? I'll be back longhogs just off to get some 'witches' with twitches!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sage ->
Thanks for filling me in. It's unfortunate she did that. Now people will use that and say, see all the women are faking it. We aren't.
Was not going to reply on this topic because its a fair point and the point I was trying to make

Most women I don't think are faking it. but some are and it reflects badly on true victims because of people like her

In the case of reported rape AT the time the police act.

My point although she did it at the time and not 35 years later and as you stated in the Supreme Court hearings about Kavannaha(SP)hearings with Pallett she made it up and that was shown on the video, if no film had been taken then he would have had his career destroyed.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

21-09-2018, 01:18 AM

just to keep the ball rolling guys - found this little snippet tucked away somewhere!

In fact, their channel sometimes touches on the more negative aspects of life in Japan. When Tokyo Medical University admitted earlier this year that it rigged test scores to admit fewer women, Rachel and Jun made a video chronicling dozens of Japanese women’s reactions on social media, shining a spotlight on sexism in a country that’s been slow to fully embrace the #MeToo movement.
metoyou?

ps: keep goin Sage - this lot will fight over a rag doll!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree Annie, but you get nowhere without a fight!

I suspect that the first move to achieve equality for women was back when Mrs Pankhurst fought to get women the vote, which was achieved in 1928, shortly after her death. No change in public attitudes comes quickly, but it planted the seed of change because the suffragettes suffered to achieve it for all!

Women's Lib reawakened the fight in the 60s and it still continues today, but changing attitudes is a slow process and will only be achieved by strong minded women. Women are a lot stronger now & I hope we continue the progress!

British Law accepts that men & women should be treated equally, and so do the laws of many countries, but you can only win a battle if your army are brave strong! Lets hope that all women are prepared to fight for justice, instead of waiting for an activist group to do it for them. As long as women appear to be weak, men will remain dominant & some men, like rapist, will take advantage of that!
Great post.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

21-09-2018, 02:09 AM

Lets hope that all women are prepared to fight for justice, instead of waiting for an activist group to do it for them
unfortunately a 'pipe dream' - history has born out that progress is NOT made by mass anything - it always takes a determined group of whoever to protest as in the "metoo" movement. ALL protests by women against inequality and subjugation by males is legitimate - twinkletoes posts is accusatory - accusing all women of not pulling harder - her and muddy went to the same grooming school I would think!

Women's Lib reawakened the fight in the 60s and it still continues today, but changing attitudes is a slow process and will only be achieved by strong minded women.
I would suggest that Womens Lib started as a small group of women as did Metoo

twinkletoes then goes on to say that process is slow and only achieved by strong minded women - she is contradicting herself in every paragraph - but this is not surprising - she and muddy use the same 'modus operandi'
known as verbal garbage!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 02:23 AM

So, after all is said and done, are we expected to believe a woman after 35 years, when she has no proof and can not remember when and where it occurred ?

Incidentally, the accuser, Dr Ford a clinical psychologist, never said she was raped. She said she was forcibly groped at a high school beer party.

Do we destroy a man based on that kind of "evidence" ? Especially when 65 women, who worked with Judge Brett Kavanaugh have come forward in support of him ?

I repeat, this case is NOT about sexual harassment. It is about feminist politics.

Page 5 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top