Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 10:58 PM

Gender Neutral School Uniforms.

I have just read in yesterdays paper, about the latest idea for school uniforms.
It seems there have been growing calls for clothing for transgender pupils.

Apparently Asda, Debenhams have 'come under fire' for making their school uniform ranges "gender neutral," by ditching the labelling

They are following John Lewis, which became the first UK retailer to ditch gender labels from it's kids' clothing.

Some parents are saying "there is nothing wrong with shops advertising 'boys' and 'girls', and that "Political correctness has gone stupid with this one."

However, there is an Action Group called 'Let Clothes be Clothes' who say:

"We welcome any move that removes unecessary gender categories and titles, providing real choice for customers and avoiding the sterotyping of children into narrow ideas about what is appropriate for girls and boys to wear."

Debenhams said - "We encourage parents and children to select items based on their personal preference."

My own thoughts are that we have gone stark raving bonkers with this gender confusion malarky.
I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up making kids even more confused about their identity.

I am so glad my son - well I think he is - is all grown up and I don't have to deal with him being a child again today.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 11:03 PM

Re: Gender Neutral School Uniforms.

I can't say that I understand any of this. All I really care about is having separate loos. After all how can us ladies bond over a urinal? But that is apparently a bigger point of contention than uniforms.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 01:01 AM

No it's bloody ridiculous.
Forcing the views from our worsening nanny state and it's reluctance to speak out against these disturbing fads and trends brought on by do-gooders who dare not upset 'special groups' of people.

There are boys and there are girls, That's it.
Maybe when they are at an age whereby they are old enough to choose to "change" their gender, it should be up to them. But so far as primary school kids being made to wear gender-neutral clothing it's all wrong. Very, very wrong.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 07:17 AM

I think we should dress our child in normal boy or girl uniform, then when they are at the age of leaving School, and they don't want to be a girl or boy any more then it would be up to them to decide.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 07:25 AM

They should stop all of this trendy nonsense now. Boys and girls are biologically defined and, until they are adult when they can decide for themselves how they feel, then that should be it.

It almost seems nowadays as though children are being actively encouraged to change gender as though it was quite normal, but which it's quite obviously not...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 07:37 AM

Agree !
The fact is that many uniforms ARE gender neutral already i.e. trousers and sweat tops so why make a song and dance about it ?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 08:23 AM

Bonkers is the right word. I also agree all this is going to confuse young children because they are going to question their gender, putting ideas in children's heads that needn't be there, young children are very impressionable.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 08:25 AM

Im as confused as everyone else, what's going on? I had a boy and a girl and they were very different why are they trying to make kids all the same? It's like they want to change the majority to appease the minority?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 08:31 AM

I wish I had been permitted to wear trousers when I was at school.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I wish I had been permitted to wear trousers when I was at school.
Me too, my knees used to turn blue in the cold weather!
It's their future not ours, if it makes kids more comfortable so much the better.
Why do us oldies always want them to live the lives we did?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top