Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 10:44 PM

Labelling

Can you believe some of these labels -

1. On a packet of Doritos - "You could be a winner. No purchase necessary. Details inside.

2. On Nytol Sleep Aid - "Warning. This may cause drowsiness.

3. On Sainsburys peanuts - "Warning. Contains nuts"

4. Marks & Spencers Bread Pudding - "Product will be hot after heating".

Has everybody gone mad?????????
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 11:16 PM

Re: Labelling

I got 3 rolls of heavy duty sticky tape last week and it said on the packet "Warning this tape may stick to your fingers", how stupid do they think we are.
I think they are covering themselves in every way possible because of the silly health and safety nannying laws.
Soon Coffin makers will have to put on they're coffins "This Coffin is not guaranteed for life"
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I got 3 rolls of heavy duty sticky tape last week and it said on the packet "Warning this tape may stick to your fingers", how stupid do they think we are.
I think they are covering themselves in every way possible because of the silly health and safety nannying laws.
Soon Coffin makers will have to put on they're coffins "This Coffin is not guaranteed for life":lol:

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 11:21 PM

it all down to putting warnings on things to prevent manufactures being sued for damages.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2013, 11:58 PM

I remember reading an article in the paper years ago, it just didn't look right the more I looked at it, "Frank Sinatra will be making his farewell performance at Carnegie Hall in December, the public had been demanding it for years"
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2013, 12:06 AM

Didn't this all happen because of that silly woman who sued McDonalds after she bought a cup of coffee and it burnt her lips - and she was successful in court because nobody told her it would be that hot!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2013, 09:32 AM

What puzzles me is how ubiquitous the hi viz jacket is nowadays. So many individuals wear one, (either full jacket or waistcoat) even in broad daylight and good weather. Which seems to me to take away the health and safety reason it was introduced for and says to me that people wear it just because everybody else does!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2013, 09:59 AM

Nothing wrong with hi vis I wear one walking the dogs if I am going to be walking alone the road, and they have their own mini versions too. Better to be seen and safe I always think.

I just wish they would put warnings on things if they have been touched by fresh fruit or contain raw fruits, I have to not buy so many things because I am not sure they are safe.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2013, 10:11 AM

I was a little surprised to see "contains milk" on the lid of my tub of Coles yoghurt (from the dairy section).

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top