Join for free
Page 152 of 190 « First < 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2018, 10:35 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Thanks for drawing my attention to the anniversary thread Sweetie.....x

Another day of cold arctic winds, but it didn't stop me pulling on my shorts (I didn't bring any trousers for the daytime) and walking round the Great Orme on the most attractive piece of road outside of Yorkshire. A chap with a dog had stopped and was peering over the side of the steep cliff into the sea, stopping to see what he was looking at, we were surprised to see a pod of Porpoises sheltering in the bay.

Further along the road we were accompanied by a couple of Seals also swimming alongside the cliffs. Halfway round and we bobbed into the cafe for a refreshing hot chocolate before we were once again battling into a gale......With very little traffic on this toll road, and spectacular views of Snowdonia, not to mention the inviting cafe, it's a must on every visit to Llandudno.

So it was with surprise that as I left the hotel at 6:00am this morning for my seven mile run, I was met by a very warm easterly wind, and as the sun rose over Colwyn Bay, I decided that the summit of the Great Orme would be todays adventure for Mrs Fox and me..........Of course she'll go....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2018, 10:43 AM

I am so glad you are having a wonderful time Foxy and wifey.
It is lovely that they all posted for your Anniversary, it makes it special. X
I'm flying to Bulgaria in the early hours of Thursday morning. No running for me my lovely. But dancing! Oh yes I love dancing.

How are those new running shoes you bought in Guernsey?
Take care, I will look for pics.
Sweetie x
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2018, 05:50 PM

Thanks Sweetie, have a safe journey, and a lovely holiday.
Here are some of my favourite pictures of Llandudno...
The weather was extremely warm and sunny today so we managed the climb up the Great Orme, and got some great snaps...
This is the road we took yesterday around the great Orme...

Arriving at the top....

And I can never resist taking this shot of Llandudno on the way down...

Sorry for the rush tonight, but we're having an early dinner so we can visit the chapel where there is a Welsh Choir singing tonight. I love a Welsh Choir.....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2018, 07:22 PM

Ooh, what beautiful pics Foxy. lol
You do look happy, oh and very nice legs.
Enjoy your choir tonight, I have to admit they are rather good, those Welsh choirs.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2018, 07:57 PM

Happy Anniversary OG fox....how many years is it?

If my last husband hadn't died, it would have been 50 years for us..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

10-10-2018, 10:01 AM

Thanks Sweetie Pie and Wild Blueberry......

It's been forty six years Blueberry, and my condolences on the loss of your husband.....

The choir was brilliant Sweetie. And just to recap about those shoes I bought in Guernsey, they are very good, but not as good as my usual shoes. I think they are more like a racing shoe....Very light with not much support.....I'll alternate wearing them with my normal shoes until they wear out, and I have found them good to walk in, but when I return home I'll have a look on the internet, see if I can get the Adidas Duramo's....
They still look good though.....

wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 03:06 PM

My Favourite colour OG Fox
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 04:00 PM

So sorry OGF. I've got the giggles. I misread your post.

(Another day of cold arctic winds, but it didn't stop me pulling on my shorts (I didn't bring any trousers for the daytime) and walking round the Great Orme on the most attractive piece of road outside of Yorkshire. A chap with a dog had stopped and was peering over the side of the steep cliff into the sea, stopping to see what he was looking at, we were surprised to see a pod of Porpoises sheltering in the bay.)

I thought it said the man with the dog was peeing over the side.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

10-10-2018, 04:37 PM

Well Foxy, I am off to Sofia in Bulgaria in the early hours of Friday. Staying at Gatwick the night before. So enjoy the rest of your break. I agree that running shoes should be more sturdy. I need shopping shoes. X
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

10-10-2018, 05:16 PM

They are New Balance Blueberry, I'll pick a pair up for you if you like...
A snip at ninety quid......

That's okay Newcomer, it's not the first time I've been misread.....It's just nice to see you here.....

Safe journey Sweetie Pie, a stick of rock wouldn't go amiss......

Page 152 of 190 « First < 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top