Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 09:16 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

trust a jackhammer man to remind us about rocks and hard places - can you make it any lighter please!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 09:24 AM

I know we don't do 'politics' or 'wars' etc on here unless it's WWI or II perhaps, but today as I watched my TV the news was showing the final evacuation of Baghouz; the last stand of ISIS in Syria. No I don't want to discuss who's right or wrong but I just need to offload.

the largest majority of 3000 were women fully covered in black and crying children. they had been bused out of Baghouz but then offloaded into a piece of waste land where they were met by foreign aid and medical services.

they displaced group were all starving and the children injured in some way from flying scrapnel; shells etc. They were of course distressed.

As I watched this horrifying scene of humanity on my/our planet I only had one consuming feeling - compassion and wished I could be there to help.

that's me done
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 08:25 PM

Post removed
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote Gumbud. "As I watched this horrifying scene of humanity on my/our planet I only had one consuming feeling - compassion and wished I could be there to help"

Yes it’s sad to see such misery Gummy, unfortunately there will never be an end to it unless we all learn to get on together and respect each others customs and ways of living, I’m afraid I can’t see that ever happening however, we will destroy each other in the end.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 10:28 PM

“The time has come," the Walrus said, “To talk of many things: Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax— Of cabbages—and kings— And whether we like it or not… funeral arrangements.

Phyllis and myself had a lovely meeting with the undertaker yesterday, nothing the matter with us yet, just wanted to sort out everything so the children won’t have anything to do or worry about.
We settled for a cremation job with all the trimmings that go with that, all fairly reasonable considering the cost of buying a new plot for burial these days, a kings ransom you’d need, so we decided to starve the maggots and opt for cremation. Beside I never did see the point of relatives visiting gravesides in all sorts of weather and standing there freezing cold gazing at a pile of buried bones, the deceased would not like you to have to do that, well I wouldn’t, much better just to say a quick prayer for them in the comfort of your own home, of course that’s only my way of looking at it.
I had to smile though, he said seeing that we were paying for the two at the same time he would give us a good deal, which he did, as I was paying him off I said “Now that’s for the two right?, fair enough, is that what you people call a the ‘boxed set’ ?” First time I saw an undertaker smile.

And now, a few good words for our unsung shadowy friends.

“Ode to the Undertaker” by Jem.

There’s seldom a mention, never mind a verse
For that dignified gentleman, at the front of the hearse
We pay no attention to him, it’s as if he wasn’t there
But he holds it all together, when there’s sorrow and despair.

His face will be solemn, stern, and without expression
And he holds his head high, as he leads the procession
So spare a thought for the man, who’s paid to let you down
He really is a King you know, with a topper for a crown.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

06-03-2019, 10:46 PM

I hear there's a good business in lots of left over ashes these days?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Post removed

I typed then stopped, after realising there is no answer.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

06-03-2019, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I typed then stopped, after realising there is no answer.
you've been like this a lot lately spits - has ya mojo gone limp?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 12:02 AM

Maybe it's the special relationship, lost it's sparkle?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

07-03-2019, 12:07 AM

sparkle ? ; sparkle ? who the eff is sparkle?? - ya don't mean Jem do ya - he sparkles sometimes!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top