Join for free
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 05:57 PM

Re: Storms

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
This is the highest temperature in the shade ever recorded at Foxy's gaff.....

Blimey Foxy. I hope you are all right.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Blimey Foxy. I hope you are all right.
I'm still going thanks Longdogs, I go out for a run early when it's cooler but don't get much done for the rest of the day....
I'm glad I'm retired though, I remember working on my machine in the factory during the hot weather and thinking 'I need to get out of this factory' So when I got made redundant I bought a van and became a courier...Out on the open road with the wind in my face.......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 09:55 AM

I'm still going thanks Longdogs, I go out for a run early when it's cooler but don't get much done for the rest of the day....
I'm glad I'm retired though, I remember working on my machine in the factory during the hot weather and thinking 'I need to get out of this factory' So when I got made redundant I bought a van and became a courier...Out on the open road with the wind in my face.......
I know exactly how you feel, I have also worked with hot machinery and it's not pleasant on a hot day (or any day).

Some very heavy rainfall in the Dales Strange how the flood always comes after the heatwave.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-49164275
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 10:11 AM

I know exactly how you feel, I have also worked with hot machinery and it's not pleasant on a hot day (or any day).

Some very heavy rainfall in the Dales Strange how the flood always comes after the heatwave.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-49164275
That's terrible Longdogs, and just a couple of hours up the road from me.
The Yorkshire Dales has always had a lot of rain but nothing like that, and the walking/running on the Yorkshire Three Peaks is always boggy and wet, and for that reason I've only done it a couple of times. I've always preferred the Eastern side of the A1 on the North Yorkshire Moors, it's easier to get to and a lot drier...
I pity anyone caught out on the Three Peaks yesterday....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 11:48 AM

I pity anyone caught out on the Three Peaks yesterday....
Yes. Many years ago, we had climbed the Three Peaks (in under ten hours) and as soon as we reached the top of Pen-y-ghent, a mist came down so we thought we ought to set off down.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

31-07-2019, 11:57 AM

Lets see if the government can send a few million quid to get it rebuilt quickly, you know like they do when it happens abroad.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 12:14 PM

Lets see if the government can send a few million quid to get it rebuilt quickly, you know like they do when it happens abroad.

Do they do this because they have genuine concerns, or is it possible they do it to make themselves look good?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

31-07-2019, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Do they do this because they have genuine concerns, or is it possible they do it to make themselves look good?
No idea JBR but it doesn't impress me or you I suspect. What I do know is that in 2018, a bronze statue was erected in Gujarat at a cost of 330M pounds as a tribute to some independence leader or something. I don't know how much Britain paid towards that but I'm sure we could have held a bit back for real emergencies here.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-07-2019, 01:20 PM

No idea JBR but it doesn't impress me or you I suspect. What I do know is that in 2018, a bronze statue was erected in Gujarat at a cost of 330M pounds as a tribute to some independence leader or something. I don't know how much Britain paid towards that but I'm sure we could have held a bit back for real emergencies here.
Yes, charity begins at home.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 01:23 PM

When Elland Bridge capsized in the last heavy flood up here in 2015, it took them just over two years to repair it. Contrast that with the complete reconstruction and opening of the road in Japan after the devastating earthquake in just SIX
days.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...destroyed.html

Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top