Join for free
Page 13 of 27 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 09:25 AM

Re: 39 people found dead in lorry

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
I'm disappointed with my fellow forum members, these poor souls were just trying to find a better life. We need to find a way to stop the people smugglers, not rejoice in their failure, if this is the result.
I had no idea that life in Vietnam was that bad .
It’s certainly not a place I would like to visit as its apparently a place we’re tourists are seen as fair game for thieves and fraud .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by muddy ->
i do see vietnamese nail bars spring up .
Why are they not checked out by the police ?
Why on earth would manicurists be allowed into the uk anyway they are not exactly essential workers.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 10:09 AM

I'm afraid that illegal immigration has now gone too far. Stopping it now is too late, even if anyone took the trouble to do so.

The only solution to restoring this country to how it once was would be to remove everyone who should not be here.

Compulsory ID might be a start, but it seems that many people don't like the idea - presumably legally here Brits as well as illegals. Why?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 10:38 AM

It's all very scary because we could be encouraging it in different ways.
Car washes, nail bars, hairdressers mentioned in this article is from August 2018, and since then Turkish Barbers have sprung up all over this area and other parts of the country.

I wonder how much Councils are complicit as they give the green light for these businesses, they want the empty premises filled ,and what better way to raise the profile of a high street than a shiny new nail bar or Authentic Turkish Baber's Shop ?

Councils are generally not up to the minute with their decision making !

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-warns-police/
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm afraid that illegal immigration has now gone too far. Stopping it now is too late, even if anyone took the trouble to do so.

The only solution to restoring this country to how it once was would be to remove everyone who should not be here.

Compulsory ID might be a start, but it seems that many people don't like the idea - presumably legally here Brits as well as illegals. Why?
They have realised that that's not possible. It would create a humanitarian disaster as the numbers are so high. Besides which the authorities have no clue who is really here. The official figures of non-EU migration are grossly understated. If people are living ten to a room which is officially lived in by one then how can this ever be resolved.

The idea of an amnesty is more sensible because it would enable slave labour to be officially registered to work and pay tax. The way forward would be to then enforce strict border control and make it impossible for access to services without ID. Nobody is going to deport all the people because they simply cannot find them and it would cost a fortune to go through case-by-case.

What they should do is prevent what just happened from happening again. These are apparently sealed containers that are not checked properly at borders because they cannot be opened until their destination. There will be ways they can prevent x ray detection.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
It's all very scary because we could be encouraging it in different ways.
Car washes, nail bars, hairdressers mentioned in this article is from August 2018, and since then Turkish Barbers have sprung up all over this area and other parts of the country.

I wonder how much Councils are complicit as they give the green light for these businesses, they want the empty premises filled ,and what better way to raise the profile of a high street than a shiny new nail bar or Authentic Turkish Baber's Shop ?

The onus is on business owners to ensure that workers have permission to work in this country. But if the owner doesn't care then nobody is really enforcing the law. Many of the workers are extremely vulnerable and work under poor conditions. They have no official rights. It's appalling. They are trapped in their situation.

I think once they set up a business then migrants can claim a right to stay or citizenship based on that. We encourage enterprise because we need it to keep the economy going. Casual labour is another way for people to live and work here with few checks. I'm sure many supermarkets recruit on such a basis these days. In the old days when I had a weekend job as a teen you had a proper contract etc. But I don't think that's the case these days of zero hours etc.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 01:05 PM

I can't agree with you Annie! Anybody who lives here illegally should be returned to their own country & we should not listen to their lies..... after all it seems that we are managing quite well in establishing where the 39 dead people came from.
If they lie & tell us that they originate from a different country, we could take them there and allow the false country to prove that they are not & try to establish where they are from.
They come to the UK for an easier life , that they have contributed nothing towards, and this leads to genuine British people missing out on jobs & places to live. Illegal immigrants should not be our responsibility so we need to get rid of them!

If cost is a problem, perhaps we should rethink our ideas of spending millions to keep murderers in prison and bring back capital punishment.... without any opportunity to appeal where there is irrefutable proof that they did the crime.
If we don't deal with the problem of illegal immigrants, because we want to preserve the lives of killers, perhaps we should think about what will happen to this country when it is full of people who came here for an easier life but with little ability to look after themselves.... so we have to!
If not then maybe we should all be thinking of where we could be accepted as immigrants..... because the UK will no longer offer is the life we want when it is full of the rejects of other countries!
It is time that the UK looked after it's own people!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-10-2019, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-warns-police/
Personally, I trust councils as much as I trust the government.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-10-2019, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I can't agree with you Annie! Anybody who lives here illegally should be returned to their own country & we should not listen to their lies..... after all it seems that we are managing quite well in establishing where the 39 dead people came from.
If they lie & tell us that they originate from a different country, we could take them there and allow the false country to prove that they are not & try to establish where they are from.
They come to the UK for an easier life , that they have contributed nothing towards, and this leads to genuine British people missing out on jobs & places to live. Illegal immigrants should not be our responsibility so we need to get rid of them!

If cost is a problem, perhaps we should rethink our ideas of spending millions to keep murderers in prison and bring back capital punishment.... without any opportunity to appeal where there is irrefutable proof that they did the crime.
If we don't deal with the problem of illegal immigrants, because we want to preserve the lives of killers, perhaps we should think about what will happen to this country when it is full of people who came here for an easier life but with little ability to look after themselves.... so we have to!
If not then maybe we should all be thinking of where we could be accepted as immigrants..... because the UK will no longer offer is the life we want when it is full of the rejects of other countries!
It is time that the UK looked after it's own people!
I fully agree.

Granted, they do work that our own people refuse to do and prefer to go on the dole instead.

We should, as you say, get them out.

The jobs that then become available could be advertised to our own people. If they don't want those jobs, the employers have the choice of increasing wages or their businesses folding.

Personally, I'm sure I'd manage without nail bars and I don't need Turkish barbers as I have my own personal hairdresser who works for nowt.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

26-10-2019, 01:48 PM

I don't think you realise the scale and complexity of the situation if you think you can just deport these people. Were that possible they would have done it already. Many have been living like this for decades. No government wants to deal with this. On top of this the Home office have not been keeping records so legally there would be a total mess. The whole thing is a shambles and a half.

Page 13 of 27 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top