Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2010, 11:34 AM

Goosegogs

Planted four bushes during the week . . . got them from Lidl's at £5 for the four . . . I love goosegogs, aint had fresh ones in years.

Here's link for those of you like minded . . they don't take up much room and don't need looked after . . it's a lazy mans bush.

http://www.gardenaction.co.uk/fruit_...gooseberry.asp
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2010, 02:43 PM

Re: Goosegogs

I can never see a gooseberry bush now without feeling a bit sad.

Not so many years ago I met a lady via the internet and she lived in Peterborough. We met and she became a good friend,she came here and we all went out now and again-she was in remission from cancer.

One day she took me shopping and bought 4 gooseberry bushes and as her son was at University she asked if I would help her plant them.

I did-but within weeks from then she got sick again-she never saw them flower
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2010, 06:47 PM

Re: Goosegogs

Mine was planted last autumn - still a small bush but it is laden with flowers with the promise of enough fruit to make a goosegog pie. Blueberries and blackcurrants flowering too.

OG - that is sad to hear. It is strange how things bring memories of our friends and family who have died flooding back. I always am reminded of my dear Grandma when I see anemones. She loved them and grew some. I stayed at her bedside the night she died and I miss her and my Granddad so much- they are bitter sweet moments.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top