Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 06:40 PM

Re: United Kingdom is not so small after all!

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well that's your prerogative.

Personally, I don't always believe statistics. As we all know, statistics can be made to prove whatever you want them to prove. And I certainly don't believe all government statements.

For example, the article states that "European immigrants to the UK pay more in taxes than they receive in benefits, effectively subsiding public services". Do illegal immigrants pay taxes? Do people on benefits pay taxes? (I wonder whether IZAL terrorists pay taxes!)

No, my statements are based on common sense.
JBR, I wonder why the Aussies are always so keen for us to be fair to the Muslims? After all they have more land than we do and not so heavily populated, so one wonders why they don't welcome them with open arms if they believe they are all deserving people.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 06:42 PM

Here are some of the most common misconceptions:

'Immigrants are coming here for benefits'

I can only assume they are coming here for the lovely weather then.

'Migration causes crime'

Tell that to the people of Paris, Munich and Cologne.

'It puts a strain on public services, hospitals and schools'

Presumably, these immigrants bring with them a proportionate number of doctors, healthcare professionals and teachers.

Who writes this crap? I'd always had the Independent down as a reliable, honest and unbiased newspaper!
Most immigrants can't get benefits, I concede some cause more crime but often that's due to lack of knowledge about our country, NHS is full of immigrants working to keep us all healthy I thought each time I've visited in the last few years.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 06:57 PM

Why has this turned, yet again, into an argument about immigrants?
Talking of space, it amazes me that cows have loads more to live in than humans! When I look out my kitchen window I see a few cows that have about five times the space of our estate of 24 houses.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Talking of space, it amazes me that cows have loads more to live in than humans! When I look out my kitchen window I see a few cows that have about five times the space of our estate of 24 houses.
it's what happens when you put too many rats together in a cage
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Sorry tess a I was fascinated until it turned into too many immigrants then it's hard not to speak up in defence of people who are often very hard working and not the benefit drains others see them as.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 07:19 PM

Still as many men say,
"What we lack in size we make up for, in other ways ".
Giggle
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
JBR, I wonder why the Aussies are always so keen for us to be fair to the Muslims? After all they have more land than we do and not so heavily populated, so one wonders why they don't welcome them with open arms if they believe they are all deserving people.
Yes, that would be nice, wouldn't it?

For some inexplicable reason, though, they don't seem to!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2016, 01:13 AM

we have a large Muslim population in OZ, no problems they are in the main law abiding citizens, hard working, feature as news casters on TV. We also have an all female Muslim AFL team. We have sported a Muslim inspired TV chat show and there are many Mosques for worship. They also dine with the PM on occasion. Of course there are always a handful of either are mental afflicted or radicalized much to their own parents horror and attempt to cause disturbance to a country that has the best multicultural record in the world. We deal with them swiftly and effectively and we are a very large island unlike UK so it is more challenging to watch our coastline!
ciao
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

25-07-2016, 01:15 AM

we have a large Muslim population in OZ, no problems they are in the main law abiding citizens, hard working, feature as news casters on TV. We have sported a Muslim inspired TV chat show and there are many Mosques for worship. They also dine with the PM on occasion. Of course there are always a handful of either are mental afflicted or radicalized much to their own parents horror and attempt to cause disturbance to a country that has the best multicultural record in the world. We deal with them swiftly and effectively and we are a very large island unlike UK so it is more challenging to watch our coastline!
ciao

ps: however we are certainly not interested in taking any of UK's rejects OK?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-07-2016, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
we have a large Muslim population in OZ, no problems they are in the main law abiding citizens, hard working, feature as news casters on TV. We have sported a Muslim inspired TV chat show and there are many Mosques for worship. They also dine with the PM on occasion. Of course there are always a handful of either are mental afflicted or radicalized much to their own parents horror and attempt to cause disturbance to a country that has the best multicultural record in the world. We deal with them swiftly and effectively and we are a very large island unlike UK so it is more challenging to watch our coastline!
ciao

ps: however we are certainly not interested in taking any of UK's rejects OK?
Sounds good we are slowly getting there, London mayor is Muslim and seems to be doing very well so far I'm hopeful people will see from that example Muslims aren't the scary people they think.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top