Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 07:38 AM

Good Morning Thursday.

Hi

It is hammering down again and the roads are again flooded.

I am a long way from the River and a a long way above.

Our Chief Executive has just been sacked because of the lack of response to this.

We are a resilient bunch here, we are clearing our own drains

Have a good day all.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 08:44 AM

Re: Good Morning Thursday.

Good morning everyone, have a good day, wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 09:32 AM

Good morning everyone snow on the hills this morning and I have to cross them to my sons house so hope it isn't too bad.

I will be glad to get home again, not feeling great, enjoy your day
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 09:39 AM

Good morning all cloudy but dry at the moment.

Off to the hairdressers this morning and some shopping to do on the way home.

Enjoy your day everyone
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 09:42 AM

Good morning from ‘out in the rural sticks’ to you all!

Cold here with sleety rain. That could turn to snow in places according to the forecast. Maximum temperature 7ºC.

Nothing planned, I’ve only just woken up not feeling too good so it's probably a day indoors!

Enjoy your day everybody, whatever you may be doing.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 09:50 AM

Good morning everybody.
Tony & I plan on doing the weekly shop at Aldi this morning and maybe going a walk this afternoon - weather permitting.

Have a good day all.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 09:57 AM

Good morning everyone, rain just cleared and and a dry day ahead forecast before another deluge tomorrow apparently.

I have just given the roofers a roasting after they didn't cover us over properly yesterday, and we've had a bit of a flood in the kitchen overnight which we've just finished sorting out, hopefully the roofers will be finished today so we can sleep easier.

Just grabbing a coffee now, then dogs out for a walk and then I'll be cooking a curry for lunch.

Have a good day folks
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 10:41 AM

Good morning all.

Woke up to snowy/sleety conditions. Miserable grey sky, wet everywhere again, in all, a miserable, cold start to the day.

Fed up with covering and uncovering plants plants with frost protection and it's going to be another cold night tonight so they say.

Barry, I do so sympathise with you about your incompetent workmen. I get this sort of thing with workmen all the time. Few seem to genuinly care anymore. Hope you get it sorted, and stay dry tonight.

Stay safe folks, it's slippery out there.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 12:23 PM

Good Morning from Foxy's World.....
The Colchicine has worked wonders so I managed to run round a six mile course in the rain this morning. The five mile route I normally take would be axle deep in mud, so the road course looked a lot more inviting even though it was a mile longer.

A bit wobbly most of the way round, but no real problems. The river Don was fairly high as I crossed the bridge, but I've seen it a lot higher, and by the time I arrived home the rain had stopped and now the sun is shining.

No snow here yet, when the wind blows from the west (The Pest from the West!) we are protected by the Pennines, it's when it blows from the east (The Beast from the East!) we could get some heavy falls.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 04:28 PM

The littlies from the Primary School opposite have just kicked out and have come past our apartment barking and howling like dogs and wolves. Why?

I had to fit a new loo seat this morning using the old metal fittings. The new fittings were made of a shoddy plastic that broke as soon as you put even the smallest amount of torque on the nuts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top