Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:49 AM

Re: The Way to a Man's Heart is?

Chanakya, an Indian philosopher from long ago wrote "A good wife is one who serves her husband in the morning like a mother does, loves him in the day like a sister does and pleases him like a prostitute in the night."

He got it right.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Chanakya, an Indian philosopher from long ago wrote "A good wife is one who serves her husband in the morning like a mother does, loves him in the day like a sister does and pleases him like a prostitute in the night."

He got it right.
Gosh, what a heavy task your wife has!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I’d rather be a good cook than good at housework.

I don’t think it’s got anything to do with cooking or housework that makes a man or a woman leave. The bottom line is, they don’t fancy you anymore or you’ve grown apart or become like brother and sister..
There’s no point in flogging a dead horse.
I don't think it's as black and white as that Arty.....
There are times when I don't feel romantic towards Mrs Fox and she towards me, a relationship is like the weather, you have sunny days and rainy days.
It's being able to identify the changes and work through them, many a good relationship has fallen on the rocks through hasty decisions.

Being married is also a business partnership, and by working together we have achieved many things together and visited many places. Of course everything we have done could have been done had we been single, but 'What good is a sunset if you haven't got anyone to watch it with'........
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Gosh, what a heavy task your wife has!
Not really. She's just got the roles mixed during the day!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't think it's as black and white as that Arty.....
There are times when I don't feel romantic towards Mrs Fox and she towards me, a relationship is like the weather, you have sunny days and rainy days.
It's being able to identify the changes and work through them, many a good relationship has fallen on the rocks through hasty decisions.

Being married is also a business partnership, and by working together we have achieved many things together and visited many places. Of course everything we have done could have been done had we been single, but 'What good is a sunset if you haven't got anyone to watch it with'........
Foxy, I bet, if half the people in ‘dead’ marriages had somewhere to go, they would go.
Many in our age group stay for all the wrong reasons and just put up with it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

He got it right.
I don't think he did! Where were his rules on what a good husband should do?
If there is no equality for both spouses, doesn't that mean that all men are MCPs?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 01:13 PM

I stayed in a very bad marriage for far too long, eventually I said "enough" and got the hell out. Ok I lost my lovely big house and most of the stuff in it but my freedom and peace of mind were more important at the time. I got myself a small cottage and lived on my own for several years healing slowly both inside and out. As most of you know I spend most of my time up north at my partners farm but I still have my own wee place that I return to several times a year. Not the type of relationship that would suit most but it suits us.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I stayed in a very bad marriage for far too long, eventually I said "enough" and got the hell out. Ok I lost my lovely big house and most of the stuff in it but my freedom and peace of mind were more important at the time. I got myself a small cottage and lived on my own for several years healing slowly both inside and out. As most of you know I spend most of my time up north at my partners farm but I still have my own wee place that I return to several times a year. Not the type of relationship that would suit most but it suits us.
I think you are wise Roxy! Just because you love somebody, it shouldn't mean that you have to give up all your time & independence for them. I think it demonstrates trust & respect for each other..... what a good basis for a relationship.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think you are wise Roxy! Just because you love somebody, it shouldn't mean that you have to give up all your time & independence for them. I think it demonstrates trust & respect for each other..... what a good basis for a relationship.
Thanks Twink, Dunc has been a life long friend and he let me escape up to their family's farm many times over the years. I've never looked for anything other than friendship from him since we were kids and it was very strange moving our relationship over to the way we are now. I often thought...what the hell are you doing lassie. That's the main reason I kept my own home....as a safety net, but it's been almost 20 years now.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

09-12-2019, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't think he did! Where were his rules on what a good husband should do?
If there is no equality for both spouses, doesn't that mean that all men are MCPs?
In a marriage the man and the woman have different roles and different responsibility.

We worked on the principle that I provided the money and the lifestyle and the Memsahib provided the home.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top