Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 09:49 AM

Hobbies

Read an article in hobby magazine.

Hobbies may be seen by some as old-fashioned, but they require an application not found on social media. We need more hobbies and leisure time interests that involve creation and challenge, rather than mindless consumption.

BSD, people buying things they can't afford, or need to get pleasure should now be classed as a mental illness.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 10:13 AM

Re: Hobbies

BSD?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 10:23 AM

Could this turn into a guessing game as to what BSD is?..By the same deal? Not mental illness. Just being silly.

BTW..my hobbies are guitar playing and cooking..JFTR.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
could this turn into a guessing game as to what bsd is?..by the same deal? Not mental illness. Just being silly.

Btw..my hobbies are guitar playing and cooking..jftr.
btw?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 10:49 AM

Shopping disorder, compulsive buying for pleasure, a behavioral addiction. People need interesting diversions to counteract addiction which could cause problems.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Shopping disorder, compulsive buying for pleasure, a behavioral addiction. People need interesting diversions to counteract addiction which could cause problems.
Indeed:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ecognised.html

'Buying-shopping disorder' (BSD) has been recognised for decades but experts say it is taking on a new meaning in the internet age and now affects one in 20 people.

The internet has made shopping more available, anonymous, accessibility and affordability.

Shops online are working 24 hours a day, people can buy things without facing a shopkeeper or carrying them down the street, people can buy almost anything online, and sites like Amazon and Boohoo can undercut high street prices by huge amounts.

People obsessed with spending online may end up hoarding the things they order, end up in debt, argue with loved ones and completely lose self-control.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

10-12-2019, 11:42 AM

Thanks Mr. Google.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Thanks Mr. Google.
No problem, Mr. Dumbbell .....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 11:56 AM

I have hobbies and skills but as I age I become worse at them.

My son came over on the weekend to fit a UHF radio to his car. I was able to help him fit the electrical/electronic components - mostly I pointed, he did.

I used to be a good welder but a while ago I got my welder out to have a practice and discovered that I still have the skill and did a perfect run of weld, the only problem - it was perfectly straight but just 5mm from the seam I was supposed to be welding.

However I have just finished making my camper's electrical wiring look legal (for its rego check in two years time) and, because it doesn't involve crawling or bending, I think I have succeeded.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

10-12-2019, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have hobbies and skills but as I age I become worse at them.

My son came over on the weekend to fit a UHF radio to his car. I was able to help him fit the electrical/electronic components - mostly I pointed, he did.

I used to be a good welder but a while ago I got my welder out to have a practice and discovered that I still have the skill and did a perfect run of weld, the only problem - it was perfectly straight but just 5mm from the seam I was supposed to be welding.
Passing skills and knowledge onto future generations is essential.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top