Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 01:15 PM

New Flooring.

Had some new flooring fitted in the sitting room.
It's not laminate,it's like thick rubber strips,that gives a wood effect ,very hard wearing,much more so than laminate.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	10652  
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 01:16 PM

Re: New Flooring.

Different angle.excuse the decorating,I have yet to finish it.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	10653  
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 01:56 PM

That looks lovely Pauline. You would never know that isn't a wood floor. Just don't fall over, you bounce into next door's garden.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Had some new flooring fitted in the sitting room.
It's not laminate,it's like thick rubber strips,that gives a wood effect ,very hard wearing,much more so than laminate.
Very nice! Does it have a rubbery feel to it and deaden footsteps? Is your cup less likely to break if you drop it?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

11-09-2019, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Very nice! Does it have a rubbery feel to it and deaden footsteps? Is your cup less likely to break if you drop it?

Thank you LD,...it's not that rubbery,Besoeker,....it's a very tough type of rubber and very popular ,

Mind you on saying that,I did drop a mug,it bounced and I caught it!....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 03:34 PM

looks nice Pauline although something we would not have. My sis in law has laminated wood flooring and is shows up scratches and marks. Don't know what yours will be like when you have to move furniture to clean behind
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

11-09-2019, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
looks nice Pauline although something we would not have. My sis in law has laminated wood flooring and is shows up scratches and marks. Don't know what yours will be like when you have to move furniture to clean behind

Thank you Realspeed ,I agree about the laminate,it does mark rather easily......this flooring isn't laminate,it is very hard wearing,..I have dragged my furniture over it countless times,as I am a "clean freak"....not a scratch on it,I highly reccomend it...my son wishes he had known about this flooring,as he would have had it fitted instead of the laminate.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 03:48 PM

It is about time they introduced a scratch free wood look flooring. Here we always prefer carpets it makes a room look warmer we think
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

11-09-2019, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
It is about time they introduced a scratch free wood look flooring. Here we always prefer carpets it makes a room look warmer we think

I agree,a carpet does IMO,look more homely and warmer,unfortunately it wouldn't be practical in my household,as I have 2 dogs,plus we live in a tiny house,where we walk straight into our sitting room.....upstairs is a different story,I am going to have carpet in my bedroom,really looking forward to it...lovely warm feeling.."bliss"!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

11-09-2019, 04:49 PM

bit off subject sorry

Pauline we have had dogs for more years than I care to remember, often 4 Afghan hounds at the same time let alone a litter of puppies.
Our first house could not have been smaller, a middle of terrace of 3 with two rooms upstairs and a lounge(if you can call it that ) downstairs with kitchen and bathroom behind. The lounge was so small I could almost hold out both hands and touch each side . We still managed to have our first afghan while there. Sue at the time worked in a firm only a short walking distance away so could go home lunchtimes

Dear Pasha I still miss him after all these years 1973 ( picture from our second house garden now grown up)

our puppies

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top