Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 04:45 PM

Re: Trans people want to return to original gender

I remember reading about that fella, what was his name . . . . the ex boxing manager that changed to a woman?

I read a while back he reckons he's still not happy and doesn't know now whether he did the right thing or not.

Bit late if he's had it chopped off now!

What happens if someone really wants to change back?
If they have gone as far as having their genitals - and presumably their 'water course' re-diverted, how on earth can they change back again?

Forgive my ignorance, but if males have their penis removed, how can they put it back again?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I remember reading about that fella, what was his name . . . . the ex boxing manager that changed to a woman?

I read a while back he reckons he's still not happy and doesn't know now whether he did the right thing or not.

Bit late if he's had it chopped off now!

What happens if someone really wants to change back?
If they have gone as far as having their genitals - and presumably their 'water course' re-diverted, how on earth can they change back again?

Forgive my ignorance, but if males have their penis removed, how can they put it back again?
I read that too mupsy.

I have no idea what they would do to change back but doctors need to stop doing these dangerous operations so widespread and think about spending the money on intensive counseling to help these people to accept what organ they were born with. It's almost become fashionable to be trans. They now have Trans Pride fgs.

They aren't only talking about the odd ones wanting to change back, they are talking about hundreds. That speaks volumes to me.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 05:43 PM

The NHS should not be used for these kinds of "treatments" at all. It was set up originally to look after the sick - and that is how it should be. If someone wants to change gender, have breast implants, facelifts, and/or IVF treatment then they should pay for it. That would ease the burden on the NHS financially and possibly keep the waiting lists down so those who are really sick and in need are seen earlier.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 07:43 PM

A Willy Wind Up Jumping Jolly Pecker Hen Stag Party Night Novelty would be cheaper.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
They can change back if they feel like it, but they should pay for it themselves. If they want to further ruin their bodies they only have themselves to blame.
Bunch of oddballs.
Odd balls?
Sounds appropriate Floydy! LOL!

Donkeyman!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Odd balls?
Sounds appropriate Floydy! LOL!

Donkeyman!
Already been mentioned, Donkeyman.
Late to the party again.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
yep, but I think they shouldn't be able to have the return transition op on NHS. the world is well and truly effed up.
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree. That's why they have all the counselling when they are thinking about doing it. Obviously, that doesn't always work.
I agree.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 09:35 AM

The worst thing is they are now allowing children to decide they are the wrong gender prescribing medication to stop them having breasts and such...how stupid is that?

How many of us women were tomboys when we were little... I remember my daughter wanted to be just like her brother...she refused to wear a dress and climbed trees rode a BMX all that stuff....she is happily married with a child now.

It's just daft giving choices to kids
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
It's just daft giving choices to kids
I completely agree, Summer, there should be no decisions made about gender changes until the person concerned is over 18 and (supposedly) mature enough to understand the full implications - and I still believe the NHS should not be involved at any stage.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I completely agree, Summer, there should be no decisions made about gender changes until the person concerned is over 18 and (supposedly) mature enough to understand the full implications - and I still believe the NHS should not be involved at any stage.
It's an interesting point about age. On the one hand "we" don't allow youngsters to vote until they are 18, presumably partly down to the view of when they become (supposedly) mature enough to understand the full implications, and yet the age of consent is 16. Not really sure why the disparity remains in place (one way or the other), nor indeed which way it "ought" to be amended.

Although not strictly on topic, but not entirely off it, surely there "ought" to be some kind of age restriction for (eg breast and lip) enhancement plastic surgery.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top