Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2011, 07:14 PM

Re: Can I just say

It's good to hear your comments, rueben. I've been on it since inception and am so used to it that it's refreshing to get another's opinion. Azz runs great forums, I'm a Catsey person also.

And very apt about interest in others: we were all concerned when Nero vanished, sorry to hear Annie was unwell, that Rocky has a cracked rib, etc. I was really touched at all the lovely comments when I was hospitalized for cancer surgery. A nice place indeed!
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2011, 07:36 PM

That's great dandysmom that you get good company and comfort from the forum even when physically most are an ocean apart. I am also a member on Dogsey another forum run by Azz. What a very good fellow he is for uniting people and their common interests with his forums. You must be a honorary member by now.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2011, 12:36 AM

Rueben I'm so glad you resurrected this topic as I haven't had time to trawl through back-threads as yet.

This is indeed a grand forum, with genuinely nice people. I too have been a member of some forums and I have been provoked and attacked for no reason whatsoever in the past, and this has been by people in their 60s!! The nastiness on some other forums beggars belief at the ages of the aggressors, but this forum is an absolute delight.

The main reason for this is because it would seem to me that Azz is very particular about who he has on this site, and the Moderators do an excellent job, which is not an easy one. I know this because I have my own forum co-piloted with a friend of mine and betwixt us we have to read every single post made. However, ours is yet in its infancy, but we also know the nature of the members whom are pretty much hand-picked, and that's only because of my past experiences.

I've never understood the need for bitchiness or nastiness because, after all, we are in cyber-land, but that takes nothing away from the fact that we are all people and all have thoughts and feelings.

Now that I feel a bit more settled here, I will start to post a bit more because I now know that I'm not going to be attacked, so thank you all for being a darned good crowd of folk.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2011, 12:13 PM

I agree with Mollie. This is a lovely forum. As opposed to at least one other forum I have posted on, it is a delight. There is courtesy, common sense and gentle humour. Thank you all.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by PPHammer ->
this seems to be one of the friendliest forums I have been on. I haven't seen any of the nasty character bashing, foul mouthed posting I see on other sites. Is it because we are older and wiser I think so
Although I've been a member since last October I've not really spent much time on this forum but I've recently decided to stop posting on the forum that I was on almost daily because I found the increasing hypocrisy, sanctimoniousness, smugness and character bashing was really p*****g me off!!!

If you disagree with someone's post on a forum it's quite understandable that you might want to register that, but in a polite way, or so I would have thought; not tear someone to pieces, ridicule them or label every syllable they post as "rubbish" and that's what I was seeing.
I don't mind at all if someone corrects a statement that I make if I'm wrong either but what gets up my nose is the ones that have to correct or contradict EVERY b****y thing that you post!!!
That's why I'm here now, learning about everyone and so far I'd agree 100% - it is more friendly! stevmk2
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 06:44 PM

As I said earlier there's no need for destructive negativism. I wouldn't stay on a forum that allowed that sort of post; life's too short. We may disagree here, but do it like adults ... reasonably polite adults!
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 06:46 PM

If we were all to think the same, the world would be a boring place.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 06:58 PM

yes I agree but there is no need to be rude to people, people who are of the same age, we are all here for friendship and contact with another human being, its a cyber family. Annie.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Although I've been a member since last October I've not really spent much time on this forum but I've recently decided to stop posting on the forum that I was on almost daily because I found the increasing hypocrisy, sanctimoniousness, smugness and character bashing was really p*****g me off!!!

If you disagree with someone's post on a forum it's quite understandable that you might want to register that, but in a polite way, or so I would have thought; not tear someone to pieces, ridicule them or label every syllable they post as "rubbish" and that's what I was seeing.
I don't mind at all if someone corrects a statement that I make if I'm wrong either but what gets up my nose is the ones that have to correct or contradict EVERY b****y thing that you post!!!
That's why I'm here now, learning about everyone and so far I'd agree 100% - it is more friendly! stevmk2
Hi Martin we are all mature adults here with strong opinions and of course we don't always agree.

However, it is hoped we can disagree curtiously and without animosity as friends do
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 08:09 PM

Martin, we like to think we are supportive rather than judgmental to people here. Life is too short for arguments and bitterness at our age, we should be able come here for friendly banter, discussing whatever topic, humour (a smile at a screen is good!), relaxing with cyber friends and often learning new things and giving support to others.

You are very welcome here as is everyone else.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top