Join for free
Page 13 of 259 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 > Last »
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 04:49 PM

Re: Coronation Street

I don't know... It seems like he is indeed dead, why else would he still have been wrapped up and seemingly unconscious when David and Kylie tried to remove him (before being interrupted by a call from the school)?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 11:37 PM

A few days ago I read that Corrie is considering planning a storyline about a character becoming a Muslim extremist.
They said it wouldn't be a member of the existing Nasir family, they would probably introduce other people.
They said they know it would cause controversy, but feel it is a real issue at the moment and shouldn't be shyed away from.

I don't know about you, but I feel this is both uneccessary and wrong.
For one thing, they haven't a clue who is watching the programme, and for all they know, people who have lost a loved one in this way might be viewing, and I'm sure they wouldn't like to see it on a soap.
Also, it may even give some nutters ideas.

Apart from anything else, don't we watch a bit of telly to 'escape' daily troubles, I for one, don't want to see it brought into a soap.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2015, 12:25 AM

I've stopped watching it lately but I'm inclined to agree with you Mups.
It certainly wont make me want to tune back in.
They'll have to have exceptionally well informed, careful and sensitive storyline writers .. for what is after all only a soap.
I do hope they don't try to sensationalise it, either one way or another.

A hot potato probably best left alone.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2015, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I've stopped watching it lately but I'm inclined to agree with you Mups.
It certainly wont make me want to tune back in.
They'll have to have exceptionally well informed, careful and sensitive storyline writers .. for what is after all only a soap.
I do hope they don't try to sensationalise it, either one way or another.

A hot potato probably best left alone.

Well put, Morty. That's how I feel too.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2015, 05:52 PM

I don't know. Yes it is maybe something that should be left alone, but then again it is something that happens and why shouldn't it be featured in the soap?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2015, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by ScottishCatLady ->
I don't know. Yes it is maybe something that should be left alone, but then again it is something that happens and why shouldn't it be featured in the soap?
I can understand why you say that, but I think putting it in a soap story line might have the adverse effect of glorifying the issue somehow. I'm another who thinks it is not a great idea.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2015, 06:25 PM

I'm not totally against it ... I've just doubts over how they will handle it.

Let's face it, soaps have a habit of glorifying the baddy .. sensationalising the subject with unbelievable twists so we all sit wringing our hands .. and then more often than not leave the story high and dry without a neat wrapping up.

I ask you ???
Will the extremist run off to join Isis?
Become a Jihadi bride?
Get executed trying to escape from Isis.
Be allowed back in the country?
Bomb the Tower of London?

Inbetween buying the groceries from Dev's corner shop.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 08:32 PM

55 years old today happy birthday Coronation Street may you have many more☺
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 08:53 PM

Wow 55 and still going strong too.
It does tend to have a bit more humour in it than other soaps.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-12-2015, 07:31 PM

I must have missed a bit, can anyone tell me whether wots-his-name in Carla's office got the DNA results back or not?
Is he her Dad?

Page 13 of 259 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top