Join for free
Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 06:16 PM

Re: Polite discourse vs hostility and rudeness

The point I was trying to make, in my somewhat flippant post, was that it would be open to abuse, would it not ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
The point I was trying to make, in my somewhat flippant post, was that it would be open to abuse, would it not ?
Possibly - so you would have to report so, report in the first place - if you get me drift
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 06:18 PM

Strange that, been here over two years and nobody has offended me yet, I feel left out.
Come to that I have not seen anybody else offended other than those who say they have been offended are the same people who were offended on Age Concern, Saga, My Next Circle, Buzz, 50 Plus, Square Pegs and many more. Must be a message there?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Possibly - so you would have to report so, report in the first place - if you get me drift
eh ?

I wonder if it might be useful to know whether or not the member has a sense of humour ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 06:24 PM

A simple remedy surely is to report a post that is offensive to you
Personal remarks included
Does this post above help Rachel
Do we need a sign to tell people we want respect
Or do we just report when someone is obnoxious ?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 06:25 PM

I don't think that anything needs to be done at all Azz
This forum is popular because of the intelligent fair and tolerant moderation.
Unruly threads have a way of resolving themselves usually, with the more moderate posters leaving it to the feisty ones to fight it out between themselves.
Perhaps it would help if the name- callers and the more excitable members were to receive a PM or email from the mods when their bad behaviour becomes a problem, explaining that they are breaking the forum rules and advising them to keep a tighter rein on their tongues.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
eh ?

I wonder if it might be useful to know whether or not the member has a sense of humour ?

Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

21-11-2015, 06:41 PM

Does this post above help Rachel
Do we need a sign to tell people we want respect
Or do we just report when someone is obnoxious ?
Yes ta Patsy

Jury's out on this at present but I will give it careful consideration and get back later
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2015, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I don't think that anything needs to be done at all Azz
This forum is popular because of the intelligent fair and tolerant moderation.
Unruly threads have a way of resolving themselves usually, with the more moderate posters leaving it to the feisty ones to fight it out between themselves.
Perhaps it would help if the name- callers and the more excitable members were to receive a PM or email from the mods when their bad behaviour becomes a problem, explaining that they are breaking the forum rules and advising them to keep a tighter rein on their tongues.
I agree with most of what you say but if someone breaks the rules or oversteps the mark then I think it could be nipped in the bud by a mod for other members to see rather than in a PM which could lead members to feel the issue hasn't been dealt with due to the lack of feedback
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

21-11-2015, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I agree with most of what you say but if someone breaks the rules or oversteps the mark then I think it could be nipped in the bud by a mod for other members to see rather than in a PM which could lead members to feel the issue hasn't been dealt with due to the lack of feedback
Very good point Honey

Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top