Join for free
Page 11 of 16 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 09:54 PM

Re: e-Scooters

It was where I was, there was the seedlings of a mix and the none indigenous mixtures were just as responsible for none Britishness as the domiciles
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Do you fear police drones?
I don't. Why?
Because I have done nothing wrong..
Complacency will lead us to a society where the wrong type of thoughts become a crime and things that are not currently monitored are controlled. "I have done nothing wrong" is exactly the sort of attitude that lets this sort of police state roll out unauthorised by the voters, even sold to voters as a good thing People should be up in arms at the march of the bots.

How can you reject religion as a controlling mechanism yet embrace other forms of covert control?

I assume - and I believe I am correct - that the police use drones in order to locate and follow someone in whom they have an interest. Criminals usually.

Police using drones to follow someone in whom they have an interest? Like that plod who allegedly abducted and murdered that young girl a few months ago? This is the worst sort of privacy invasion. Have you not read 1984?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 10:00 PM

Anyway drones are confusing for wildlife and pets. Another reason to avoid / ban them.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

26-06-2021, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
You are of course totally wrong.
I'm very much right about this.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 10:03 PM

I agree, but in addition to uncontrolled immigration I also blame the system.
Undermanned police.
Well-paid defence lawyers.
Weak and meaningless sentencing.
There are many reasons why our towns and cities have become cesspits.

It was never like this wen ah wer a yung lad.
No. Even in "hard knock" Manchester, and hard knock it certainly was, there really was an unwritten code that was well understood and abided by that would NEVER have tolerated what today goes for normal in and around the sink estates.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

26-06-2021, 10:05 PM

This sort of approach is going to lead to more no-go areas not less. Law abiding people will pay the price. You will see.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
No. Even in "hard knock" Manchester, and hard knock it certainly was, there really was an unwritten code that was well understood and abided by that would NEVER have tolerated what today goes for normal in and around the sink estates.
Exactly. The changes to society over the past couple of decades is going to take some putting right.
If ever.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
This sort of approach is going to lead to more no-go areas not less. Law abiding people will pay the price. You will see.
Please provide a alternative which won't bankrupt the country in terms of zillions of extra police.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes my dear. You're absolutely right. Law abiding people certainly WILL "pay the price". Nothing more certain if they don't use every means at their disposal to fight back against the filth and that includes so called drones, ID cards, routinely armed police, and more.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

26-06-2021, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Please provide a alternative which won't bankrupt the country in terms of zillions of extra police.
Which if deployed would result in surveillance society by just another means.

Page 11 of 16 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top