Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 01:04 PM

Re: Forming Attachments

Harbal, I really think you need a job.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Harbal, I really think you need a job.
There must be a less drastic remedy, Aerolor, surely.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 07:03 PM

I have just one fly in my living room at the moment Harbal. He/she? (How can you tell?) only arrived this morning so I'm not emotionally attached in any way. It's one of those dopey looking things that limp around the house and keep landing on my arm in the same spot, despite the fact that I have tried swatting it several times with the TV remote.

I have nicknamed it Dopey B******s or DB for short.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have just one fly in my living room at the moment Harbal. He/she? (How can you tell?) only arrived this morning so I'm not emotionally attached in any way. It's one of those dopey looking things that limp around the house and keep landing on my arm in the same spot, despite the fact that I have tried swatting it several times with the TV remote.

I have nicknamed it Dopey B******s or DB for short.
Here ya go
https://animals.mom.com/mating-habit...fly-10248.html Interesting reading.
"..If a female fly wants to mate, she puts her ovipositor inside the male fly’s genital opening, located at the bottom of his abdomen. The ovipositor is a long thin tube that extends from the end of the female’s abdomen. When she isn’t mating or laying eggs, the ovipositor stays hidden. Once the ovipositor is in place, the male releases sperm, which travel through the female’s reproductive tract to fertilize her eggs. The entire mating process lasts from 30 minutes to two hours..."

30 minutes!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Here ya go
https://animals.mom.com/mating-habit...fly-10248.html Interesting reading.
"..If a female fly wants to mate, she puts her ovipositor inside the male fly’s genital opening, located at the bottom of his abdomen. The ovipositor is a long thin tube that extends from the end of the female’s abdomen. When she isn’t mating or laying eggs, the ovipositor stays hidden. Once the ovipositor is in place, the male releases sperm, which travel through the female’s reproductive tract to fertilize her eggs. The entire mating process lasts from 30 minutes to two hours..."

30 minutes!!
I shall take their word for it, I'm not looking down there for an ovipositor.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 07:30 PM

That made me laugh far too much!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 08:50 PM

My fly count is back up to two again. The body of the other is still on the windowsill, so no miracles are involved. Now it's just a matter of waiting to see if I can take to the new one.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

30-06-2021, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
My fly count is back up to two again. The body of the other is still on the windowsill, so no miracles are involved. Now it's just a matter of waiting to see if I can take to the new one.
Feed it and leave it. It'll be gone by the morning, they don't live long

Wait...I read that wrong, you have another one? Where's your fancy cleaner woman when you need her, oh dear!
Harbal
South Yorkshire

30-06-2021, 08:52 PM

Must remember to get some decaying filth in. I'll call at the corner shop on my way home from Tesco tomorrow.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

30-06-2021, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Must remember to get some decaying filth in. I'll call at the corner shop on my way home from Tesco tomorrow.
If you are attracting newcomers, Tesco isn't what you need

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top