Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 11:22 AM

Re: Cost of dining out

Buttercups are not to be sniffed at.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 11:27 AM

Yes I have noticed prices have gone up but where I go is still affordable and very nice food. £12.95 for a chicken and bacon salad which was lovely.

Like others have said here its down to trying to recoup their losses.

I might pay up to £20 but I wouldn't eat out regularly, . I dont mind a nice jacket with chilli or poached egg on toast from a cafe, im not bothered about posh.
I went to an Italian a couple of weeks ago and it came out of them stupid slate things. I wasn't impressed, it was too expensive although I have to say the staff were wonderful.

£75 and I wouldnt even contemplate it.
Pixie Knuckles
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Buttercups are not to be sniffed at.
I ate it because I paid for it (probably around £2.50's worth) but I'm not about to go grazing the grass round here, haha!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 11:46 AM

If you decline to give information for NHS track and trace they refuse a table. Some are still not open, gone out of business or unable to comply with regulations.

One that we did like has closed, the guy had redecorated and was doing a good trade.
Pixie Knuckles
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
If you decline to give information for NHS track and trace they refuse a table. Some are still not open, gone out of business or unable to comply with regulations.

One that we did like has closed, the guy had redecorated and was doing a good trade.
Thats sad, Cinders. Where myself and our daughter went, you have to scan one of those black and white square code things (just take a picture of it) and it gets your number. Fill in name and that's it. Takes less than a minute.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 01:36 PM

We went out for Sunday lunch yesterday just a mains and two beers I had a child’s portion more than enough for me .
£30.95p
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 02:16 PM

No I wouldn't spend £75 on a meal, I know that prices will have gone up because of covid and I can't blame these places for puting prices up, they've lost a lot of business this past year, it's sad but a lot of folk just can't afford to pay that for a meal
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
No I wouldn't spend £75 on a meal, I know that prices will have gone up because of covid and I can't blame these places for putting prices up, they've lost a lot of business this past year, it's sad but a lot of folk just can't afford to pay that for a meal
That sounds like the price for a "Taster Menu". Even so, I wouldn't pay that for the 2 of us including drinkies.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 03:13 PM

You can't beat a good Chinese takeaway delivered to your home
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
You can't beat a good Chinese takeaway delivered to your home
Yes you can but that's only my humble opinion having eaten real Chinese food in real Chinese restaurants in Malaysia.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top