Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 10:49 AM

A thought for Wednesday

“The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.”
– Voltaire
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 11:03 AM

Re: A thought for Wednesday

Hmm, not sure that all the scientists around the world who've been working tirelessly on a Covid-19 vaccine would agree with that sentiment
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
“The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.”
– Voltaire
No longer applies.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Hmm, not sure that all the scientists around the world who've been working tirelessly on a Covid-19 vaccine would agree with that sentiment
Well they'd all be out of a job if they did agree with it Sheba...But you have to admit, if it wasn't for your immune system the human race would have been wiped out years ago...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

09-06-2021, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
No longer applies.
Ooooooooooo yes it does Todger....

My father in law visited a doctor a long time ago when he was suffering with a bad cold. He asked the doctor if he could help, and the doctor replied....."I can give you medication and it will clear up in just seven days, however, it's going to take a whole week if I don't"
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 11:15 AM

Wish I could source it, but there used to be an advert for a pill that said something like "cures your cold within 7 days". Left to its own devices, a cold will only last a week!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

09-06-2021, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Wish I could source it, but there used to be an advert for a pill that said something like "cures your cold within 7 days". Left to its own devices, a cold will only last a week!!
That's true Dex, but it will be your immune system that will be putting in the hard work.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Well they'd all be out of a job if they did agree with it Sheba...But you have to admit, if it wasn't for your immune system the human race would have been wiped out years ago...
Very true, but then when your immune system breaks down, it's very handy to have doctors and medicine around
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

09-06-2021, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Very true, but then when your immune system breaks down, it's very handy to have doctors and medicine around
Absolutely Sheba, I probably wouldn't be here without doctors. I most certainly wouldn't be able run.
But I think we must be careful not to take these 'Thought for the Day' too literal...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 11:44 AM

If I were Volty, would have substituted Appeasing for Amusing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top