Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 08:40 AM

Absolute Rubbish !

Good morning everyone,

I don't know how you feel about it but I am absolutely sick and tired of hearing the same stories time after time regarding our jobsworth council dustbinmen acting like little Hitlers with the very people who pay their wages, the residents and business people of Britain !.

How does it make you feel when you read the story of Debbie Campbell of Yorkshire.... The dustbinman strolled over to her two bins, noticed that both were just slightly ajar (due to an extra bag in each because of her having missed the previous fortnights collection) Instead as would have happened as a matter of course not so many years ago before New Labour changed the course of Rubbish collection, this little jobsworth casually took the offending extra binbag from each of the bins, these bags of course now containing 4 weeks of rotting food and tins, and just dumped them onto the pavement !. Naturally, Debbie was outraged and went out to confront the dustbinman, only to be met with the usual Great Britain catchphrase of the jobsworth.....Elf n Safety.....Have a nice day !
No advice mind you on what to do with the rotting food and tins that have been dumped by the man whom,when given that little bit of power over us citizens, insist on letting us see that they will use that power by playing God and throwing their weight around, No longer are they employees, doing a service paid for by us in our community charge, No, now They are the Masters and we are their Servants.

Labour are one hundred per cent to blame for the demise of the one service that residents could always depend on and expect from their local council for the taxes we pay, that of the weekly bin collection. .... which worked perfectly well in this country for decades..... but of course and as always, once the sinister European Directive 75/442/EEC came into being, everything changed in the blink of an eye. Labour, ever keen to extract more money from already hard pressed residents, quickly brought in penalties such as pay-as-you-throw taxes, microchips in wheelie bins, fines for overfilling your wheelie bin, residents and business people were quickly treated as criminals rather than the very people these jobsworths were employed to serve. Now suddenly, they were the masters, albeit wearing hi-viz jackets !!

Grandiose new titles were given to the dustbin men such as "Environmental Protection Officers " and even grander titles for the Guardian recruited clowns in charge of them - , such as the pompous sounding "Executive Board Members of Environmental Protection" and now awarded megabuck salaries and pensions, all supplied by the bullied public they were employed to serve.

So there we have it folks, your dustbin man has been given a lovely new job title, a hi-viz jacket and a little power which he will abuse by acting like a little Nazi, whilst his bosses recruited to suit Labour's nutcase drive to have us all driving round in a horse and cart with slop buckets in our kitchens. The only thing that seems to be missing from this scenario is the straw on the floor and pigs running in and out of open doors to keep the stench at bay.

The world has gone completely mad !!

What are your views on this? Discuss please as very interested to know whether it is just me that actually growls when I hear stories like this !
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 08:58 AM

Re: Absolute Rubbish !

Yes I agree, the worst of the lot by miles, their jobs should be given to Polish Workers.
Having said that mine are fantastic and will take anything. They take bin fulls of gardening stuff, they took two double beds and the mattresses , the last mattress was hanging out the back as it would not go through the machine and they drove off like it. They have taken trees I have cut down over a period. Also they took a couple of tons of rubble, spending 20 mins each week shoveling it into the wagon. Not forgetting the cast iron bath, basin and toilet.
See what you can get done when you really are a nice guy and not one who pretends to be a nice guy
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 09:09 AM

Our collection consists of a black bag once a week and the green recycling bin being emptied once a fortnight.

We are not allowed to put any garden waste in our bins here, that has a separate brown bin emptied once a month at a cost of £65 a year. If garden waste is suspected in the weekly black bag it will be left uncollected.
I appreciate there are credible reasons for this.

I know that is my allocation so I stick to it and take anything extra including garden waste to the tip.
A bit of cooperation goes a long way, we all have to pay for these services and if everyone makes up their own rules and exceeds their allowance we will all have to pay more for the service.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 09:13 AM

How does it make you feel when you read the story of Debbie Campbell of Yorkshire.... The dustbinman strolled over to her two bins, noticed that both were just slightly ajar (due to an extra bag in each because of her having missed the previous fortnights collection) Instead as would have happened as a matter of course not so many years ago before New Labour changed the course of Rubbish collection, this little jobsworth casually took the offending extra binbag from each of the bins, these bags of course now containing 4 weeks of rotting food and tins, and just dumped them onto the pavement !. Naturally, Debbie was outraged and went out to confront the dustbinman, only to be met with the usual Great Britain catchphrase of the jobsworth.....Elf n Safety.....Have a nice day !
I feel it is a pity Debbie hasn't got somthing more important to be 'outraged ' about
I am sure there is a tip somwhere in the area where the excess rubbish she failed to put out could be taken.

There is a general attitude among some people these days of 'I expect to be spoon fed'. Unless they are disabled or infirm it is time they stopped moaning, got off their behinds and helped themselves a bit more.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 09:16 AM

Hang about it was the woman's fault for missing the bin men the week before, not the bin man.
We have a system where we live whereby we ask the neighbour if we can use their bin for extra rubbish, it works fine.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 09:21 AM

We have a similar system here but bigger bins as we are flats, if we produce extra rubbish it is our responsibility to take it to the dump, if the bins are over filled it is dangerous for the bin men to put into the truck and personally I would be mortified if I put the hard working bin men in danger. Sounds like this lady failed to put her bins out on time and it's her responsibility then to dispose of her waste.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 09:21 AM

I am from Yorkshire too and I have to say I can only give praise to our bin men, never ever have they refused to take anything even though the odd occasion an extra bag has been placed on top of the bin.

We have the Green /Brown/Black bins emptied fortnightly and they are never late always turn up and are out in some awful weather.

My hubby broke the lid on the Gardening bin (Brown) I reported it and within 3 weeks the bin was replaced.

Praise where praise is due.
Now I must get off here and get on with my work
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Yes I agree, the worst of the lot by miles, their jobs should be given to Polish Workers.
Having said that mine are fantastic and will take anything. They take bin fulls of gardening stuff, they took two double beds and the mattresses , the last mattress was hanging out the back as it would not go through the machine and they drove off like it. They have taken trees I have cut down over a period. Also they took a couple of tons of rubble, spending 20 mins each week shoveling it into the wagon. Not forgetting the cast iron bath, basin and toilet.
See what you can get done when you really are a nice guy and not one who pretends to be a nice guy
Have to agree doe, I too am so lucky to live in rural Shropshire where the dustbin men have had their jobs for years and whom are known to everyone local because we all went to school together. But that doesn't stop me still being so angry for others in towns and cities throughout Britain who are having to put up with jobswort's who instead of being thankful for having a job serving the public, instead lord it over them and behaving disgracefully. These jobsworths should hang their heads in shame, but of course they won't because power ,as we can now see, even in very small doses, corrupts!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

05-08-2015, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I feel it is a pity Debbie hasn't got somthing more important to be 'outraged ' about
I am sure there is a tip somwhere in the area where the excess rubbish she failed to put out could be taken.

There is a general attitude among some people these days of 'I expect to be spoon fed'. Unless they are disabled or infirm it is time they stopped moaning, got off their behinds and helped themselves a bit more.
Okay Meg, maybe she can do that, and maybe whatever extra costs she incurs on top of the exhorbitant community charge she no doubt already pays to have her rubbish removed and yet does not, perhaps she should ensure she gets receipts for all these extra charges that you wish her to have incurred and present them to her local council as proof of the charges she should rightly withhold from her community charge.
You are after all sanctioning these jobsworths right to refuse to do a job that they are being paid to do, so why shouldn't she also be paid for the job you are asking her to do?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Okay Meg, maybe she can do that, and maybe whatever extra costs she incurs on top of the exhorbitant community charge she no doubt already pays to have her rubbish removed and yet does not, perhaps she should ensure she gets receipts for all these extra charges that you wish her to have incurred and present them to her local council as proof of the charges she should rightly withhold from her community charge.
You are after all sanctioning these jobsworths right to refuse to do a job that they are being paid to do, so why shouldn't she also be paid for the job you are asking her to do?
It's dangerous is all I will say again, if people are happy to put the bin men in danger then we need to honest about that and change their contracts to reflect it.

Most of our council tax goes to the police and our county council. our town council gets very little in comparison so that huge amount they take each year from each of us really is not all for rubbish collection.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top