Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2013, 01:34 PM

Re: What Time do you have your Main Meal ?

Between 7 and 8 pm. A hangover from when we were both working, so we ate together in the evening.

Now, neither of us feels like anything more than a light snack at lunchtime (around 1 pm)
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2013, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Between 7 and 8 pm. A hangover from when we were both working, so we ate together in the evening.

Now, neither of us feels like anything more than a light snack at lunchtime (around 1 pm)
Similar here. If I have anything more than a snack in the middle of the day I get rather somnolent...
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2013, 03:33 PM

I too get somnolent after lunch, that's why I go and have 30 minutes kip.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2013, 05:25 PM

We have tea at around 6PM, sometimes a little later if the wife is held up at work.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2013, 05:57 PM

My main meal is lunch. When I lived at home with folks and commuted to and fro to London, had 'pub' lunch and another cooked meal when I returned home around 7.00pm. I can still manage to eat two main meals - one at lunch and again in the evening, but I don't!!!.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2013, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
My main meal is lunch. When I lived at home with folks and commuted to and fro to London, had 'pub' lunch and another cooked meal when I returned home around 7.00pm. I can still manage to eat two main meals - one at lunch and again in the evening, but I don't!!!.
Shucks, UJ, you disappoint me. I thought you would say ALL your meals are main ones...
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2013, 07:06 PM

Usually about 4PM.. I try not to eat after 5 or 6.
Moiramary
Lincoln
Moiramary is female  Moiramary has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2013, 07:08 PM

Light lunch, main meal around six, nothing after that.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2013, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Shucks, UJ, you disappoint me. I thought you would say ALL your meals are main ones...

Ania darlin' - I have been known to eat two 'main' meals less than 30 minutes apart.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2013, 11:12 PM

When I was still working full time I'd happily have a chippy meal at lunch-time, or a meat and potato pie with some oxtail soup poured over the top, then a main meal in the evening with Gordon at around 7 p.m. as he didn't get home from work until 6 p.m.

I've never in my life eaten early morning and, now that I only work part-time, I'll take a sandwich to work with me, half of which I'll eat and save the other half in the fridge until the day after then, depending on how tired I am, I'll either cook a decent meal for myself from scratch, or have left-overs from the freezer.

Am only little so wouldn't know where to put a lot of food! I am well-nourished though and I eat a gracious sufficiency for my needs.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top