Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 08:40 PM

Re: The day you were married

First of all Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Floydysaurus.... hope there will be many more.
BTW Floydy, do you see yourself still pumping iron in another 20 yrs hence

My first was a church wedding, no wedding dress as such though. Couldn't abide wedding dresses and veils YUK. I wore a long white dress with huge sleeves and across the bust area it was green velvet with gold edging. Crochet flowers in my hair.
It was years later I heard green was an unlucky colour. Nobody told me that at the time I remember it was absolutely freezing and quite windy too... in the middle of December standing on the steps of the church having photos taken - brrrrrrr.

The second and third were registry office ones. The same friends and family who came to the first came to the second - makes me chuckle thinking back
Really lovely registry office with oak panelling everywhere and a large walnut table with candlesticks to sit at to sign the register... everywhere smelt of polish and flowers. It really was a gorgeous room.

The third we just went off and married on our own, 'cept for the best man and his wife. The registry office must have been so insignificant, I don't even remember it

It's lovely to see those who married all those years ago are still together, and most importantly, happy. Must congratulate you all and your other halves.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 09:26 PM

Just calling in again now I'm finally at work as it's been such a busy day today at home with the grandkids, then the gym and no time (again) to look at the forum.

Sincerely, I really do appreciate your well wishes, comments, gifs and of course your own recollections of your weddings.

Tonight I actually got Mrs. Floydy to view the thread (she hasn't really looked in on the forum at all to be honest), and she thanks you all.

To Eccles and all those who are also celebrating soon, we wish you our warmest congratulations.

Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 09:31 PM

Gretna Green for us.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 09:52 PM

My edding was very simple ,Niether of us wanted a fuss, We married in a registry office,just my parents & sister,his Mum &SIL,3 little nephews.I was 18 ,We had just 40 years together before he died
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Just calling in again now I'm finally at work as it's been such a busy day today at home with the grandkids, then the gym and no time (again) to look at the forum.

Sincerely, I really do appreciate your well wishes, comments, gifs and of course your own recollections of your weddings.

Tonight I actually got Mrs. Floydy to view the thread (she hasn't really looked in on the forum at all to be honest), and she thanks you all.

To Eccles and all those who are also celebrating soon, we wish you our warmest congratulations.

Did you play the Cliff video Floydy? Did ya?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Did you play the Cliff video Floydy? Did ya?
No, you rotten sausage. I didn't. My wife had a chuckle at it though when I mentioned I can't stand Cliff
I'll get you back, you'll see
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 11:16 PM

Had nothing better to do on the day
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
No, you rotten sausage. I didn't. My wife had a chuckle at it though when I mentioned I can't stand Cliff
I'll get you back, you'll see
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 11:58 PM

My second wedding in 1987.
This was in the grounds of the Registry Office.

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 12:00 AM

That dress is not too dissimilar to the wife's except hers was a bit shorter.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top