Join for free
Page 5 of 29 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
orangutan
Chatterbox
orangutan is offline
Another world
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,749
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-05-2015, 01:22 PM
41

Re: How to post pics

Why is it that to post photos you have to use 'copy image address' rather than manually copy and paste the image address? As far as I can see it puts the same thing in the image address box but the photo is only displayed in the post if 'copy image address' has been used?
orangutan
Chatterbox
orangutan is offline
Another world
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,749
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-05-2015, 09:13 PM
42

Re: How to post pics

And what's the best way to get better quality photos in a post? The ones I have posted have been vastly inferior to the originals.
Meg's Avatar
Meg
Supervisor
Meg is offline
Worcestershire
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 42,850
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-05-2015, 10:12 PM
43

Re: How to post pics

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
And what's the best way to get better quality photos in a post? The ones I have posted have been vastly inferior to the originals.
Ania the quality of your photographs looks very good to me.
I am not a photographer but I have found when photographs are copied from PC to a host or website they can lose some of their quality.
Honey's Avatar
Honey
Chatterbox
Honey is offline
Lancashire
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,867
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-05-2015, 10:18 PM
44

Re: How to post pics

I don't use a host or other website, it's simple enough to post an image in the forum
orangutan
Chatterbox
orangutan is offline
Another world
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,749
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-05-2015, 09:50 AM
45

Re: How to post pics

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Ania the quality of your photographs looks very good to me.
I am not a photographer but I have found when photographs are copied from PC to a host or website they can lose some of their quality.
Thanks Meg but they lose a lot of their sharpness and I think it is because I don't resize them the best way. I don't go via another website, just post into my profile here. I do expect them to lose some quality on the transfer, but they seem to me to be worse than expected. No matter, really.

Can you explain what I asked in the previous post?
Meg's Avatar
Meg
Supervisor
Meg is offline
Worcestershire
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 42,850
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-05-2015, 12:02 PM
46

Re: How to post pics

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Thanks Meg but they lose a lot of their sharpness and I think it is because I don't resize them the best way. I don't go via another website, just post into my profile here. I do expect them to lose some quality on the transfer, but they seem to me to be worse than expected. No matter, really.

Can you explain what I asked in the previous post?
Why is it that to post photos you have to use 'copy image address' rather than manually copy and paste the image address? As far as I can see it puts the same thing in the image address box but the photo is only displayed in the post if 'copy image address' has been used?
Hi Ania sorry I can't explain that Azz will be able to. I guess it is to do with how the site software is set up but I could be wrong ...
Woolie
Member
Woolie is offline
Alberta Canada
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 20
Woolie is female 
 
12-05-2015, 12:06 AM
47

Re: How to post pics

I can't seem to get my photo from my album to a post. Every time I click on the icon it crashes and boots me out of the web page. I'm using an iPad...is that the problem?
Meg's Avatar
Meg
Supervisor
Meg is offline
Worcestershire
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 42,850
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-05-2015, 04:28 PM
48

Re: How to post pics

Originally Posted by Woolie ->
I can't seem to get my photo from my album to a post. Every time I click on the icon it crashes and boots me out of the web page. I'm using an iPad...is that the problem?
Hi Woolie sorry I missed this post, if you read through this thread there are a number of posts explaining how to do it.
Here is one of them...

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...463#post386463
Aysa's Avatar
Aysa
Chatterbox
Aysa is offline
UK
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 7,499
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
26-06-2015, 10:43 PM
49

Re: How to post pics



Just testing
Aysa's Avatar
Aysa
Chatterbox
Aysa is offline
UK
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 7,499
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-07-2015, 09:49 PM
50

Re: How to post pics

Is Photobucket or Flickr the only way I can post photos from my computer onto a topic on the forum?
 
Page 5 of 29 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.