Join for free
Page 11 of 72 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 > Last »
Val J's Avatar
Val J
Senior Member
Val J is offline
East Yorkshire
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,095
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-02-2017, 06:53 PM
101

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Yes my hubby's parents always use to say that the sea grog has come when they had a Caravan in Hornsea. Something like a dense fog coming off the sea!
We call it a sea fret Sue. Different name, same thing. Sometimes it can be a sign of a lovely day and other times it can linger for hours.
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is offline
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 32,785
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-02-2017, 07:25 PM
102

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Apparently heavy rain is forecast for the next several days, so I expect we'll be having some hot sunny weather quite out of character for February!

Of course, rain, snow, sleet, gales, thunderstorms and earthquakes mean nothing to us stoic Yorkshire people.

Southerners are warned not to go out unless their journey is absolutely essential.
Yorkies, you'll need your top coat.
Emerald
Member
Emerald is offline
Yorkshire
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 56
Emerald is female  Emerald has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-02-2017, 08:01 PM
103

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Hi Emerald, i know what you mean a showers as good as anything.. Have you seen the new Blade sculpture there erecting in Hull?
Hi Sue. Do you mean that monstrosity they've already erected in Victoria Square. There's not going to be another erection is there? Totally out of keeping with the architecture in the area.
Anyway, about the shower. My son is living with me temporarily until his house is ready. He's working nights so don't want to disturb him with the noisy shower. Actually I might do it more often. Fantastic showers with great big shower head and a deluge of water. Brilliant.
OldGreyFox's Avatar
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
OldGreyFox is offline
South Yorkshire
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 21,202
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-02-2017, 11:14 PM
104

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Was in Hull last week Emerald, Mrs Fox and me park the car at St Andrews Quay and walk beside the river into Hull where we obtain lunch at the 'Secret Garden' then return the same way.
Being an engineer I was quite taken by the blade, but I can understand why some people aren't impressed. It doesn't quite fit in it's location.

Very sunny here today but the wind kept it cool. Took a drive out to a garden centre at Shiptonthorpe for lunch. Ended up having a big breakfast, delicious!
Val J's Avatar
Val J
Senior Member
Val J is offline
East Yorkshire
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,095
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-02-2017, 11:52 PM
105

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

We're regulars at Secret Garden in Brid Bob, afternoon special, coffee and cream cake! Not seen the blade yet, we have a weekend booked for Hull in May hoping there will be City of Culture events taking place then.
Suzuki Sue's Avatar
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
Suzuki Sue is offline
West Yorkshire
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,955
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-02-2017, 10:39 AM
106

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Apparently heavy rain is forecast for the next several days, so I expect we'll be having some hot sunny weather quite out of character for February!

Of course, rain, snow, sleet, gales, thunderstorms and earthquakes mean nothing to us stoic Yorkshire people.

Southerners are warned not to go out unless their journey is absolutely essential.
Yorkies, you'll need your top coat.
Bring it on JBR who needs a top coat
Suzuki Sue's Avatar
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
Suzuki Sue is offline
West Yorkshire
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,955
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-02-2017, 10:46 AM
107

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Originally Posted by Emerald ->
Hi Sue. Do you mean that monstrosity they've already erected in Victoria Square. There's not going to be another erection is there? Totally out of keeping with the architecture in the area.
Anyway, about the shower. My son is living with me temporarily until his house is ready. He's working nights so don't want to disturb him with the noisy shower. Actually I might do it more often. Fantastic showers with great big shower head and a deluge of water. Brilliant.
I was reading the Yorkshire life magazine and there was an article on the Blade sculpture and yes it's the one in Victoria square.. It's very BIG!!
Suzuki Sue's Avatar
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
Suzuki Sue is offline
West Yorkshire
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,955
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-02-2017, 11:02 AM
108

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Was in Hull last week Emerald, Mrs Fox and me park the car at St Andrews Quay and walk beside the river into Hull where we obtain lunch at the 'Secret Garden' then return the same way.
Being an engineer I was quite taken by the blade, but I can understand why some people aren't impressed. It doesn't quite fit in it's location.

Very sunny here today but the wind kept it cool. Took a drive out to a garden centre at Shiptonthorpe for lunch. Ended up having a big breakfast, delicious!
Do you think that the Blade signifies the whole of East Yorkshire because of all the wind farms it has?
Emerald
Member
Emerald is offline
Yorkshire
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 56
Emerald is female  Emerald has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-02-2017, 11:30 AM
109

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
I was reading the Yorkshire life magazine and there was an article on the Blade sculpture and yes it's the one in Victoria square.. It's very BIG!!
They claim it's a sculpture but in actual fact it's a genuine part for an offshore windmill. Just shows how huge they are. And of course, once the City of C is over it will be shipped out and erected where it can't be seen.
Suzuki Sue's Avatar
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
Suzuki Sue is offline
West Yorkshire
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,955
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-02-2017, 12:08 PM
110

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Originally Posted by Emerald ->
They claim it's a sculpture but in actual fact it's a genuine part for an offshore windmill. Just shows how huge they are. And of course, once the City of C is over it will be shipped out and erected where it can't be seen.
Ah well nothing lasts forever..
 
Page 11 of 72 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.