Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 01:43 PM

Ok-bands what one saw

The beatles,the stones,led Zeppelin,vinegar Jo(oh Elkie brookes)

And many more but what better than these two??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8C-B...eature=related
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 01:56 PM

Re: Ok-bands what one saw

Elkie Brookes is still on the road - she's round these parts about twice a year
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 02:06 PM

Ah but in 1972?-I was just 18 and then there was always that Robert Palmer around?? Some guys get all the fun?? But he died early

hey ho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7CXXDBn_l4
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 05:25 PM

I saw the Small Faces in Richmond, and Long John Baldry at Eel Pie Island and the Stones at the LSE and Cream at the Roundhouse and Bob Marley somewhere or other....
those are the one I remember anyway. We used to go to a lot of free festivals and things and it got a bit hazy.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 10:23 PM

I saw The Love Affair at Shrewsbury Music Hall (probably 1969) can't remember exactly and Showaddywaddy about 75ish and that is all the live groups I have seen...
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 10:20 AM

I saw Gene Pitney (1968?) with The Troggs as his supporting act.
Gilbert O'sullivan ,The beatles, but I was (still am) into a lot of folk music so i saw a lot of folk groups Corries, Clancey Bros, Dubliners and the list goes on
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 01:31 PM

Elkie's here again at the end of the month. £21 will rekindle your youthful yearnings old git

I saw, err, not a lot, being stuck out in the sticks but ... The Kinks, on stage at The Gaumont (I think) Taunton, The Troggs (twice) at Lyme Regis, stripey suits and all, and others, who escape me now.
Saw Paul Simon at Bournemouth a year or two ago - absolutely fantastic
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

16-01-2010, 05:34 PM

HELEN SHAPIRO TOUR PART 1, 1963
2 February Gaumont, Bradford
BREAK IN TOUR
3 February Cavern Club, Liverpool
4 February Cavern Club, Liverpool
RESUME TOUR
5 February Gaumont, Doncaster
6 February Granada, Bedford

Feb `63 The Beatles are not topping the bill.

`Walking back to Happiness`-I was 9 years old
taffh
Newport South Wales UK
taffh is male  taffh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2010, 09:38 AM

Elkie dont do this anymore

Bands
Pink Floyd Wembly Arena Dark Side of the Moon
Roxy Music Kensinton Club Newport
Dr John Kensinton Club Newport
Mott the hoople Beacon Theater monmouth Last year
The Faces Albert Hall last year
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2010, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
I saw the Small Faces in Richmond, and Long John Baldry at Eel Pie Island and the Stones at the LSE and Cream at the Roundhouse and Bob Marley somewhere or other....
those are the one I remember anyway. We used to go to a lot of free festivals and things and it got a bit hazy.
We probably brushed shoulders at some of these gigs. I was a regular on the R&B circuit back in the '60's - RickyTick in Windsor (when it was upstairs in the Star and Garter not down by the swimming pool), Crawdaddy in Kingston, Eel Pie Island. We used to see the Stones, Pretty Things, Alexis Korner, Cyril Davies. Manfred Mann, Yardbirds (Keith's sister was to die for - we were all in love with her!). We used to hang out in the CAN cafe in Eron High street and listen to the Juke Box all day!
I saw Paul Simon at (possibly) his first UK gig - a couple of songs at Les Cousins one night before he had made any records.

Mick

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top