Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2012, 04:39 PM

Re: Fashion for woman 50+

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Fashion? It's all wasted on me..I wear trousers, cut downs and tee-shirts.
My age doesn't come into it either..I like to be comfortable.
Snap! Never interested in fashion and just dress to be comfortable. And hence don't buy clothes very often!
Bridgefield
South uk
Bridgefield is female  Bridgefield has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2012, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Snap! Never interested in fashion and just dress to be comfortable. And hence don't buy clothes very often!
Me too! I do have a nice trouser suit for best and black skirt for funerals but since I no longer work in an office or have a uniformed job I live in fleeces, t-shirts and jogging bottoms. I've long since dressed for comfort not speed and I loathe shopping.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2012, 12:22 AM

I rarely wear skirts but decided today I would as the weather was quite nice, I searched through my wardrobe finding only 2 decent ones, both were almost to my ankles! chopped 8 inches or more off 'em, quick hem job and wore one today along with shiny black tights, looked a picture if I say so myself
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2012, 01:59 AM

I've always loved to dress up when I've gone out on a Saturday night, when lovely floor length skirts and tops to match, with glitter and sequins etc which I still have, but nowhere to go in them now.

I also have skirts of varying lengths and lovely tops but again, nowhere to wear them. If, and only IF the weather is good, I will wear some of the more low key ones for work.

I've never worn jeans or leggings in my life so I suppose you could say that I've always wanted nice clothes, but not necessarily a follower of fashion. I dress in what I like and what I believe suits me.

My wardrobe is 9ft wide with three sliding doors, and is packed with skirts, tops, dresses, jackets, coats, you name it. I guess it's time I should be severe on myself.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2012, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bridgefield ->
I live in fleeces, t-shirts and jogging bottoms. I've long since dressed for comfort not speed and I loathe shopping.
That's exactly what I live in Bridgefield Have a couple of pairs of smart black trousers and tops for when needed to be a bit smarter. I have no interest in fashion.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2012, 10:35 AM

I wear trouser suits for work and when I'm at home live in jeans or shorts in the summer. Very rarely wear skirts or dresses as like to be comfy.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2012, 01:34 PM

Isn't it odd that we ladies of a certain age, can't be bothered with fashion is it because there is nothing out there that we like.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2012, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Isn't it odd that we ladies of a certain age, can't be bothered with fashion is it because there is nothing out there that we like.
I know a couple of websites which have clothes I really like but they are quite expensive ( Wrap/Poetry/Peruvian Connection)

As the only eyes that see me most of the time are those of my dog and when I do go out I am likely to be holding a baby so usually acquire a patch of bodily fluids somewhere on my person, I think why bother
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2012, 05:18 PM

The last 2 times I really dressed up were for my daughters' weddings, both in 2008. I've kept the outfits in their dry-cleaner bags and feel sentimental about them, but have no idea when/where I'll ever wear them again.

Jeans and a cotton sweater for me today.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2012, 06:56 PM

I don`t follow fashion. I never have. Why should I want to look like other people?
The great thing about being mature is that you don`t have to impress anyone. You know your own worth and don`t dress to impress.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top