Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2012, 09:19 PM

Re: Stupid Baby names, whats the worst you've heard?

You couldn't make it up Jimmy....
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2012, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
We used to have a security man in one of the jewellers I worked in, Paddy Locke was his name, everybody called him Padlock, I swear to God.
Nope ....... you're not getting me this time Jem. The times I've believed you when you've been kidding us all along Not this time!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2012, 10:28 PM

You can never tell with him!

My mother once told me she also went to school with three sisters who were named (believe it or not) Horaveeka (sp), Welcome and, for the life of me, I can't remember the last one.

Bear in mind, this would have been in the 1920s so weird names aren't just a modern thing.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

20-05-2012, 07:52 AM

When I was a child I knew a man called Yeric! Apparently he was named Eric at birth, but his sibling called him 'Yeric', so his parents changed his name as they liked it better than Eric!
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2012, 08:39 AM

I work with kids and in the past few years names have definitely got dafter.
But they are split along `class` lines, I`ve found.
The parents at the top of the anthill go for family names - Rufus, George etc.
The aspirational parents go for historic sounding names like Abigail or Charlotte.
The dreamers go for slightly unusual ones like Bethany or Cheyenne
The slightly alienated ones go for popular icons - Jordan, Troy or Paris
The educationally challenged ones just make up the spelling - and sometimes the words themselves....
Chayce. Cortni. Cayden.
And my personal favourite ... Dontey. Go on - say it out loud! And no, it wasn`t inspired by the 13th Century Italian poet - OR the English pre-raphaelite painter... it was an American soap actor.

disclaimer... to all those with children / relatives carrying (or burdened with) the above names, no offence was intended and of course your relative was the exception....
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2012, 10:04 AM

I didn't like my grand daughters name at first, her parents christened her Evangeline, but they called her Evie.
Now I am the only one who calls her Evangeline 16 years later.
For those interested the name mean " A gift from God.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

20-05-2012, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I didn't like my grand daughters name at first, her parents christened her Evangeline, but they called her Evie.
Now I am the only one who calls her Evangeline 16 years later.
For those interested the name mean " A gift from God.
My husband's great-great-niece, has been lumbered with that awful name poor little soul!
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2012, 03:37 PM

I used to have a colleague named Micheal Weichel (pronounced like Micheal).
Nothing wrong with the name Michael but if your last name is Weichel why on earth would you lumber the poor sod with a rhyming name. May as well send him to school with a sign that says "beat me up".
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2012, 04:15 PM

When my friend was pregnant she said if it was a girl she was going to call her Crystal, their surname is Ball. Fortunately she had a boy. We have just had a little boy here named Milan, but he is Hungarian and evidently it's a fairly common name there.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2012, 05:39 PM

And my personal favourite ... Dontey. Go on - say it out loud! And no, it wasn`t inspired by the 13th Century Italian poet - OR the English pre-raphaelite painter... it was an American soap actor.
Now that is a real Beaut of a name, 'Dontey', they should hand that name out as a punishment in the courts, the crime rate would drop dramatically.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top